Sign in to follow this  
blur991

Wires vs RedHill assigment and Long term FanClub member

I'm a paid subscriber since 2004 and I'm a fan for more than 30 years. Last year I forgot to extend my paid description. I didn't get a reminder e-mail or something like that. Because of this I'm submitted to the wires group (new subscribers) in stead of the red hill group (long term subscribers).  I called customer service and they cannot(or don't want to) modify this. It's not possible to pay the missed year.  At the start of 2015 I missed the presales because of an issue of u2.com. I was lucky that it was solved for additional shows. It's very disappointing and I think this is not the way U2 should treat their biggest fans. I hope the band will read this and fix this for everyone with the same issue.

Recomendation: Keep checking periodically the site and this board - Notifications are always sent but the reality is that glitches happens. Any update (being album releases, tour dates, subscription dates, etc) are always mentioned in the site and here...

I think it's pretty poor that a longtime subscriber is only 3 weeks.  Surely it should be a few years.

I think it's pretty poor that a longtime subscriber is only 3 weeks.  Surely it should be a few years.

An unfortunate label to be sure, but I think having the cut-off as Dec 24th is fair as it gives those us us who maintained a membership through the non-touring years first crack at the pre-sale.

I had the same thing happen to me for the I&E tour. I inadvertently let my subscription lapse because I was not getting any emails from U2.com for some reason, so I never got a reminder. When I realized what had happened, I renewed immediately... I was told by customer support not to worry and that it would be based on your original membership date. When the presale codes came out for I&E, I was in the later group. My renewal date turned out to be ONE DAY after the cutoff date for the two groups!

I tried to get it resolved in a short time frame (just like this time, there is hardly any time between the announcement and the presale), but customer support wouldn't change it and I couldn't get a response from anyone higher up. Thankfully, however, I was able to get what I wanted on the second day of the presale.

Since then I have been VERY careful about making sure to renew. I do now get emails from U2.com, but I have my own reminders set up, too! Good luck to everyone getting what you want in the presale!

All. I had a 20 min convo with that proper u2 support line (the number above was for the store not u2.com member issues).

What was the number you called?

It seems like nobody is having any luck. But the (2nd) number was 1-855-867-5297 - Option 1.

I'm u2.com fan from years ago (10 o more years) but in this tour I have the Wire Group..WHY????? i'm the last tour i have Exper. code...WHY??? 

I'm u2.com fan from years ago (10 o more years) but in this tour I have the Wire Group..WHY????? i'm the last tour i have Exper. code...WHY??? 

as explained somewhere else, the most likely cause is because you may let the paid subcription lapse between presales...

On Ticketmaster, the venue that I'm interested in attending shows that both "Red Hill" and "Wires" groups have the same presale date and time. Is this a misprint since the U2 website says that Wires is on Day2 of the presale? When I looked at other venues "Wires" was on Day 2.

Any help would be appreciated.

On Ticketmaster, the venue that I'm interested in attending shows that both "Red Hill" and "Wires" groups have the same presale date and time. Is this a misprint since the U2 website says that Wires is on Day2 of the presale? When I looked at other venues "Wires" was on Day 2.

Any help would be appreciated.

What venue is this? please send us a link so we can report it.

thanks...