Sign in to follow this  
ceruzzi

GA or Red Zone?

GA for price, but Red Zone for convenience of not having to line up so early.  I have done both and both are great.

GA for price, but Red Zone for convenience of not having to line up so early.  I have done both and both are great.

How much did the Red Zone cost you last time?

As I recall, basically the same as the top seated ticket price.  Actually, maybe a bit more--with fees, 1 RZ ticket cost me c. $350 US for one of the Chicago 2015 dates..  I'm fairly sure it was similar in the UK/Europe (although you guys paid somewhat higher ticket prices across the board, as I recall).

Gosh, that's expensive.  Does the RedZone have their own catering or anything, or just a cordoned off space that you don't have to fight as hard for?

It's definitely pretty doggone expensive.  RZ last time (in the US) had your own cash bar (maybe some chips or something for sale too; don't recall).  The really big advantage of the RZ is being close and being able to leave and come back without any problem.  Also, unless you want to be on the RZ rail, no real need to be there way early.  Further, and I'm actually bummed about this, the JT tour appears as if there will be no GA "heart" of any kind (i.e., limited capacity but still regular GA zone--used to be in between the main stage and the (then) circular catwalk, on the 360 tour).  In the good (and not-so-old) days, this meant if you got there early enough you could get a great spot, not be crushed, leave and come back if you needed to.  Now, regular GA looks like one big mass--so being up front there will be pretty taxing.  All this actually makes RZ tix more valuable this time.

Edited by mike7man

Only downside I found to RZ at Met Life 2009 (Red zone 2 nites) was I was actually standing to close one night and as the stage is higher than in arenas I was looking up all the time and had no real visual experience of the entire stage or the screens.  Was always waiting to catch a glimpse of one of the guys when they came over to my side or were on the rotating catwalks. 2nd night I moved to the other side and moved to back of RZ where the overall view was better in my opinion.

The Red Zone sections of I&E in Montreal and Toronto were terrible value in comparison with regular GA, IMO. I had GA for all of those show are really felt the people who paid for RedZone were hosed big time.

In contrast, the GA layouts published so far for this tour look to be the only way to get nice and close without spending the entire day in queue.