combination of different cities/TM with one presale code ?

• Subscriber

Hey there,

One question.

The FAQ notes that "for example you can purchase 2 tickets for a show in New York and 2 tickets for a show in San Francisco, or 1 ticket for New York, 1 ticket for San Francisco, 1 ticket for London and 1 ticket for Rome".

Obviously, for cities in different time zones in Europe (UK + Ireland vs Continental Europe), you have to wait that every presale opens.

But each city/country has its own Ticketmaster : does it mean I can use my presale code for multiple orders on multiple TicketMaster ? (up to 4 tickets obviously).

Can someone be positive on this ?

Because as long as I remember from previous tours, I thought that using your code on one order made it no usable on another one.

[i'd like to purchase Paris at 9 local ; then Dublin one hour later : that means two separate orders, on two different Ticketmaster : with one presale code that would work ? Can someone absolutely confirm ?]

Thanks !

Arnaud

Zooropa '93 : 29/05 Werchter
Pop '97 : 18/07 Rotterdam, 06/09 Paris
Elevation '01 : 17 & 18/07 Paris, 18 & 19, 21 & 22/08 Londres

Vertigo '05 : 10/06 Bruxelles, 10/07 Paris, 13/07 Amsterdam
360° '09 : 11 & 12/07 Paris, 24 & 25/07 Dublin, 14 & 15/08 Londres
360° '10 : 18/09 Paris , 22 & 23/09 Bruxelles

i+e '15 : Dublin 28/11, Paris 7/12
(To be continued...)

Edited by arnaudt
  • Community Moderator

From Help Page here: http://www.u2.com/help

Q - How Many Tickets can I buy? What is the ticket limit?
A - As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to FOUR (4) tickets for any show or combination of shows (for example you can purchase 2 tickets for a show in New York and 2 tickets for a show in San Francisco, or 1 ticket for New York, 1 ticket for San Francisco, 1 ticket for London and 1 ticket for Rome.)

• Subscriber

This was my question too...I get that it says you can split your allocation over different venues but that would mean logging in at different times. I am concerned that logging on and using access code twice (even though not going over 4 tickets), it will not accept the access code second time. it would be very hard to control so really don't know how it's going to work.

• Subscriber

This was my question too...I get that it says you can split your allocation over different venues but that would mean logging in at different times. I am concerned that logging on and using access code twice (even though not going over 4 tickets), it will not accept the access code second time. it would be very hard to control so really don't know how it's going to work.

It's like playing with fire.

If you first choice is the first show to open, that's ok, no big risk here.

But if, for some time-zone reason, the first show to open is NOT the one you really want, then you MAY be scr*wed when the good one opens.

My advice would be to favor the one show you really want, then eventually go back to the show already opened ; at the risk of being already sold-out, for sure....

That's a risk both ways.

• Subscriber

Regarding using code for different shows, can I use code for the same show but tix split zones?

For example: 2 GA and 2 seats but for just one show using same code....Rose Bowl to be more specific.

I'm pretty sure you can. Technically.

THE difficulty here is that tickets are sold soooo fast ! It's difficult to choose between different sections.

• Subscriber

You can be very confident that your code will work for multiple transactions as long as you don't atempt to exceed the four ticket total limit.  It is very easy for Ticketmaster's systems to determine how many tickets have been purchased with your code.  I have done multiple transactions with my code for the last several tours and never had a problem.