Splitting Presale ticket allocation across multiple shows

Mark Taylor

• Subscriber

If I remember correctly there was some kind of problem with people buying too much of their allocated tickets using the same pre sale code. When the people of U2 and/or Ticketmaster found out their tickets where blocked. 

Having said that it would be no problem to re-use your code, as long as you'll stick to the maximum of 4. 

And yes, the sale is done by Ticketmaster in most occasions, but be aware that you'll have to create an account for every single Ticketmaster site. So if you're planning to buy tix for Amsterdam, Dublin, Berlin and London, you better begin with creating accounts on ticketmaster.nl .ie .de and .co.uk in order to go through the system smoothly. 

What happened to a lot of people on the last tour is that Ticketmaster cancelled one ticket order if two presale orders had been made from a single address. Even though that household had two legitimate fan club members, each with their own distinct presale code that they had received for purchasing two separate fan club memberships. The policy of one presale per household wasn't stated in any U2.com fan club guidelines so came as a complete surprise. I've been seeing U2 since 1983 and while I've been a steady fan club member since the 90s, my wife only joins during tour years. We never had any problems with each of us buying presale tickets using our separate fan club memberships until the last tour. So this tour we're sticking just to my one membership presale code. Who knows if they will impose that same approach this time around, but buyer beware if you are considering getting a second membership for a single household.

• Community Moderator

That doesn't affect me - I'm taking about splitting a SINGLE membership's presale allowance of 4 tickets...

From the FAQ:

Q - How Many Tickets can I buy? What is the ticket limit?

A - As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to FOUR (4) tickets for any show or combination of shows (for example you can purchase 2 tickets for a show in New York and 2 tickets for a show in San Francisco, or 1 ticket for New York, 1 ticket for San Francisco, 1 ticket for London and 1 ticket for Rome.)

• Subscriber

From the email U2 sent out earlier to all members:

Your code can be used to purchase up to FOUR (4) tickets. (For example, you might want to buy four tickets for one show or you might want to buy two tickets for one show and two for another. Once you’ve purchased four tickets the code is no longer valid.)