Red Zone - is it worth it? (MERGED)

• Subscriber

Hey!

Anyone here with Redzone experience? During the 360Tour it looked pretty fancy, not to crowded. But during the last tour it looked a bit like a ripoff, only partially along the stage. I don't like GA, because I don't have time to stand in line all day to catch a good spot.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(RED) Zone  The (RED) Zone gives you access to an exclusive VIP area directly adjacent to the Stage with special amenities and dedicated staff, all while raising money in support of (RED) and the Glo

• Subscriber

Hey!

Anyone here with Redzone experience? During the 360Tour it looked pretty fancy, not to crowded. But during the last tour it looked a bit like a ripoff, only partially along the stage. I don't like GA, because I don't have time to stand in line all day to catch a good spot.

For I&E I would argue that the RZ was a total rip-off (unless people feel good about an undisclosed portion of the price going to charity.) To be fair, though, I think the production for I&E was so good that you could walk into the venue at 7:00 and get a great spot in GA, better than any RZ spot (I did exactly this for 4 shows.)

Given the stadium setup this time around, I will be giving the RZ serious consideration if it is priced similar to the top-tier seats.

• Subscriber

I would say yes for this tour. I&E, probably not if you are looking at it strictly from a money paid standpoint. The point of the RED zone is the money goes to charity & in return they let you walk into a prime location. GA would be the way to go with the I&e tour. That said, I've done RED zone a few times. I've always enjoyed it. It's a nice chill laid back crowd.

Edited by Shannon387
  • Subscriber

From the seat plans it looks like RZ is bang in front of The Edge! Agree it is a trade off between queuing all day and seat pricing.

Especially if GA split between Pitch 1 and Pitch 2 remains unclear.

That said being in the queue provides a great opportunity to meet up with fans.

• Subscriber

I think it is worth it. Even I & E. We showed up right before show and were right next to stage. Adam pic was taken with my phone and no zoom. No people pushing on us...for me and my wife definitely worth it. And money goes to charity! I hope I can get tix tomorrow as well. I can get an Edge pic to go with Adam. 

• Subscriber

I saw one Red Zone show on the 360 tour, and one on the I&E tour.  Most of the other nights I did standard general admission.  My mom and I have had a little tradition of catching one show together each tour that's gone on for 20 years now, and the Red Zone is kinda perfect for our otherwise mismatched preferences.  I'd rather stand and be close to the action; she'd like to be close to the action but (understandably) does not want to stand around all day long, or not be able to run to the bathroom before the show.  When we do RedZone, you can get there much later in the day, and they usually have some chairs set up before the show begins so you can rest your legs while you wait or otherwise move about pretty freely.  You get the closeness of the GA experience without "earning" it. 

And the thing is, at least for those shows, the Red Zone tickets were about $300 each, and the top priced regular tickets were $275.  So there's not much of a difference there.  For the shows I went RedZone for, my second choice would have been the top priced seats, which comprised of most of the lower level and the lowest rows of the upper level - so I figure, for about $25 more, instead of potentially being somewhere far away from the stage on the lower level or in the upper level, I'm instead right by the stage.

So I think whether or not Red Zone is worth it depends on what you're looking for - if you're comparing them to a regular GA ticket, and are someone who doesn't mind waiting during the day and usually enjoys GA, then I don't think it's worth it just as an upgrade on that.  If you're someone who likes the convenience and comfort of having a seat location assigned but usually end up standing the whole night anyway once the band comes out, don't mind paying the top prices, but would prefer a better experience than some random lower level spot, Red Zone is a good deal under those circumstances.

• Subscriber

Hey!

During 360 I think it was worth it. Front row and not too crowded. Back then the tickets were auctioned, but still ended up at a reasonable 120 EURO for me. This time they are fixed price at 300+. I want to see several gigs so I went for regular ones this time. Everyone has a different budget, but for certain it was an experience. Have fun at the gig!

• Subscriber

Hey!

During 360 I think it was worth it. Front row and not too crowded. Back then the tickets were auctioned, but still ended up at a reasonable 120 EURO for me. This time they are fixed price at 300+. I want to see several gigs so I went for regular ones this time. Everyone has a different budget, but for certain it was an experience. Have fun at the gig!

DId you buy them in general sale or presale?