Sign in to follow this  
sped

Credit Card Entry (MERGED)

Can someone confirm which tickets or areas of the stadium are subject to Credit Card Entry? TM has no further info except to say: Select Locations are Credit Card only.

Always seems odd that they say it's to curb resale, when TM has its own resale-sanctioned site

Buying tickets 5-6 months in advance -- sometimes life gets in the way and if you can't transfer specific tickets, best to know now before buying.

*I have emailed someone at Live Nation so I'll get back to you if I hear anything first.*

Curious on this as well - resale that is.  I want to buy enough tickets for the whole family - 2 memberships between the whole family, but what if some can't go... I'd be happy to sell them at face value (might even give them away - just so they don't go to waste).

I always felt that a ticket selling website such as Ticketmaster having a sanctioned reselling site seems like a big conflict of interest.

Yes, don't we all just love TicketBastards, sorry, TicketMaster.   Here is the scoop on my past experience.  Credit Card access requires you to use the credit card you purchased the tickets with to enter the venue and all people must be there at the same time.  They will NOT work with you on this unless they have changed their policy for this tour.  Last tour, I got stuck on a business trip in Asia and had to FedEx my credit card to a friend (which was costly) who had to drive down to the venue to let some U2 fans in (which was also costly).  Who was the genius who thought this system up?  And to add insult, TicketFleecers, sorry, TicketMaster, will not let you resell these types of tickets even on THEIR exchange .... which makes absolutely ZERO sense to me because everyone would win ----- you get some of your capital back (after getting stiffed for buying AND selling fees), a fan gets to see the show at cost, and TicketMonopoly, sorry, TicketMaster, gets their second round of fees for brokering the deal.  So, the workaround, if you want to call it that, is to do what SCALPERS have figured out --- HELLO U2 ARE YOU LISTENING?.  Simply put the tickets on a prepaid VISA card.  Now there is some risk to this:  (1) if you split up your purchases who knows what might happen to your code for the next sale.....I would not take the risk, (2) I have heard "rumors" that some venues will ask for ID but there is NO name on the card, so okay, how does that work and does some guy or gal making $10 and hour who is checking at the venue really care?, (3) unless you buy from a reputable reseller, not many people are going to trust even the most trustworthy person to buy a prepaid card that has your ticket "embedded" on the mag stripe!  So if U2 is reading this please listen to your fans and return to paper tickets. Stop the insanity, it is only adding more stress to the fan.  "Please"

Edited by andreblanc

Cleveland appears to be credit card entry for all tickets.   I did not see another option (did not look hard either as it was fine for me).   Below is from my email confirmation.

Credit Card Entry - Swipe your card at the entrance to find your purchase and get a slip with your seat info. RESTRICTIONS APPLY: PROOF OF CREDIT CARD USED FOR PURCHASE AND VALID ID MAY BE REQUIRED FOR ENTRY. TICKETS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE. YOUR ENTIRE GROUP MUST ENTER AT THE SAME TIME.

When you get to the purchase page (at the latest), it should say whether the tix are CCE.  GA and RZ definitely will be, the real question is whether seats are.

Wow.  And maybe we won't know until the public sale starts, but right now, looks like no reselling at all--even on the TM reselling site.  Obviously, that's a bummer if you can't go for whatever reason (e.g., get sick).

I wouldn't do it, but if I go into my Account in TM, my RZ tickets have the "Sell" option.

I did click on the button out of curiosity... it wouldn't (yet?) let anything happen.  Said there were restricted or some such verbiage.  Don't know if that's for now or for good...