Credit Card Entry (MERGED)

• Subscriber

There's generally no reselling of credit card entry tix (other than how scalpers do it as noted above).  For cancellation, you'd have to buy the ticket insurance to get a refund due to illness for credit card entry, or you have to give the person going in your place your cc and an id.  I did that for my wife when purchasing Adele tix for her.  She went with a friend and TM assured me that as long as she had my CC there would not be a problem.  That turned out to be the case, but she had my passport for backup.  Only once out of a half dozen or so cc tix was I asked for ID, which was scrutinized (Springsteen in Hartford, though some CC lines did not check).   

Aside from RZ, I think Gillette tix are all print at home, so reselling probably won't be a problem there.  Seems to be hit and miss on this tour.  I don't know if that's an issue with Gillette not having the capability or just not wanting to do credit card entry.  I know credit card tix are prohibited in NY (has to be a paper ticket option for all tickets), but not in MA.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Yes, but the "New York" show is actually in NJ, and it appears to be entirely credit card entry. Seats too. I bought GA and insurance.

Edited to say:  I just looked again and that might be incorrect.  I'm not certain that it's entirely credit card entry.  I do know with certainty that the GA tickets I purchased were credit card entry only, no other option.

Edited by Franna1
  • Subscriber

I got 4 NJ tickets in section 135.  I knew about this joke of a policy, but was praying they would give you the option of having the tickets mailed to you. It didn't for the 100 level, but maybe the 200 or 300 level as on the TM website it says, "Please Note: Some locations are CREDIT CARD ENTRY only."  I'm hoping that doesn't mean all as I want to buy tickets for friends.

• Subscriber

So if I bought 2 tickets for seats that require credit card entry, but wanted to buy 2 GAs for friends who want to go along (but don't want to pay the price for seats), could I switch my credit card around on Ticketmaster and let them use the credit card I purchased the GAs with for entry and I still use my original cc for entry to my seats?  I don't want to get flagged for switching cc info on my account, but bummed they probably won't be able to get tickets in the public sale to go along with me.  And not being sure if ID will be requested with the cc.  First time experiencing this cc entry stuff.

Sorry, I like the good old fashioned tickets, although I'm sure this helps with the scalping or selling at a higher price. 

• Subscriber

300 level is definitely not cc entry.  Doubt the 200 level is.  Likely top priced 100 level and GAs

Well I had the option of buying multiple tickets in NJ this morning in the 300's and EVERY SINGLE ONE came up as CC entry only.  There was no other option to choose.  

Figure that out.  

post-324625-0-68817000-1484231276_thumb.jpg

• Subscriber

All seats that showed up for me in Chicago were listed as Credit Card Entry.  And, as luck (bad) would have it, I now have an extra pair of tickets.

I didn't buy insurance on my tickets but it looks like I still can.  How does that work?  Buy the insurance on the second pair and then just say the people going got sick and can't attend?

I actually contacted Ticketmaster because they have a three day cancel policy on tickets and they said that you can't even cancel U2 orders.  This ticketless option is horrible.

Edited by Keith2