Sign in to follow this  
sped

Credit Card Entry (MERGED)

Great...so it looks like I have one CC entry ticket for Vancouver that I can't use now, or sell for that matter.

I was on the phone with them all morning today. Originally I was told that I could exchange my tickets. I bought seats on error when I wanted Red Zone. So, because RZ is VIP they wouldn't do the exchange! They wont refund me or let me sell or transfer the order. I now have for NY:

Sec. 134 Row 7 Seats 25 & 26

Sec. 116 Row 9 Seat 13

And I am in the hole for $900. 

"Mike" the supervisor said that I could sell the tickets, cancel my credit card and the card will still allow for access. Has anyone ever done this?

I just have to ask.  Why is everyone complaining about the credit card entry process?  Isn't this put into place to prevent scalpers?  Scalping is the most annoying part of this whole process so I'm ok with it.

Paperless doesn't seem to be stopping scalping at all. Stubhub still is listing seats as "gift card" entry. The scalpers found a go-around and SH is happy to aid and abet them. Despicable. 

"Mike" the supervisor said that I could sell the tickets, cancel my credit card and the card will still allow for access. Has anyone ever done this?"

I have two related questions....

(1) what happens if you lose your credit card between now and the show date - does the replacement card work?

(2) The credit card I purchased on last week is good thru 3/17, so I KNOW I will be getting a new card before the show in May - what happens? the replacement will be ok to use? the expired one will still work? (I plan on taking both, but still...)

I plan to call TM once the chaos has subsided but would love to know if anyone has had an experience with CCE in this area. thxs

Edited by mikeaustin63

Well question #2 answered.... 

What if the credit card I used expires before the event?

Just bring the old card, or the replacement card with the same account number. If you destroyed the old card and your new one has a different account number, please contact Fan Support.

Well question #2 answered.... 

I think that's the answer to question #1, as well...

I think you're right - if the number changes due to loss or theft on re-issue, you gotta call TM. If the card has expired, and the number hasn't changed with the new card, it should work. I am still taking both cards and the printed TM receipt tho. thxs

Edited by mikeaustin63

I don't understand how Ticketmaster offers resale tickets for highest prices if the tickets are CC entry and non-transferrable... I didn't get how it works for these. 

I don't understand how Ticketmaster offers resale tickets for highest prices if the tickets are CC entry and non-transferrable... I didn't get how it works for these. 

I think the TM resale tickets are not CC entry they are regular seats.

That is true they are not CC entry. Mike said that if your card is lost you can bring your statement as long as it has the CC number. If it expires it still works as the magnetic strip still reads the CC number. I really don't like having this restriction. I understand the scalper problem, but sometimes there are mistakes regular fans make!