Sign in to follow this  
sped

Credit Card Entry (MERGED)

That is true they are not CC entry. Mike said that if your card is lost you can bring your statement as long as it has the CC number. If it expires it still works as the magnetic strip still reads the CC number. I really don't like having this restriction. I understand the scalper problem, but sometimes there are mistakes regular fans make!

if it is lost, i think you got to call TM fan support and have them switch it over different card under your name to take and swipe. I am taking everything I can think of including my statement receipt because I have almost zero faith in on-site TM support at the venue and who knows what no-nothing fool I might have to deal with. 

The nightmare that keeps me awake at night, is being refused entry and in the middle of some enormous conversation at the gate whilst inside the arena I hear the first notes of Streets starting up to ground shaking cheers....

I don't understand how Ticketmaster offers resale tickets for highest prices if the tickets are CC entry and non-transferrable... I didn't get how it works for these. 

I think the TM resale tickets are not CC entry they are regular seats.

Nope--they're CCE.  When tickets are resold through TM they are reissued to the new buyer--then they're CCE for them.

I don't understand how Ticketmaster offers resale tickets for highest prices if the tickets are CC entry and non-transferrable... I didn't get how it works for these. 

I have same level 100 tickets as providing by TM resellers now for SF show which are cc-entry. Does it mean that they have some different type of tickets?

@mike7man I don't have an option to resell ticket through TM... It says "Sorry but due ticket delivery restiction, you cannot list these tickets" I even don't want to re-sell it just wanted to try to understand how it works for re-sellers if tix are cce.

Edited by anna_boykova

No--see my immediately prior post (just before yours, Anna).  All the resale tix you see on TM were first bought by regular purchasers (sometimes including scalpers), and were CCE then.  These tix were then posted on TM's reselling mechanism (by the original purchaser).  The tix (only seats are resellable), when bought by another buyer, are then reissued to them, and then they own the CCE seats.  Basically, the only way to sell U2 seats (for most venues) is through this resale mechanism (unless you can meet your buyer at the venue and go in with them yourself).

Edited by mike7man

Nope--they're CCE.  When tickets are resold through TM they are reissued to the new buyer--then they're CCE for them.

Ok but there are definitely no floor seats or Red Zone in the reselling area.  That's why I thought those were the only original CCE tickets.

Yep--they're not allowing reselling of GA or RZ tix at all.  But the seats were also CCE to begin with (different from I & E tour, where they were hard tix).  There are a few venues that were different (e.g., Boston was all paper, no CCE-!)

Yep--they're not allowing reselling of GA or RZ tix at all.  But the seats were also CCE to begin with (different from I & E tour, where they were hard tix).  There are a few venues that were different (e.g., Boston was all paper, no CCE-!)

I see.  Thanks.

I got it, mike7man, but still unclear with this:

...These tix were then posted on TM's reselling mechanism (by the original purchaser)...

For my seats tickets in SF "Sell" button doesn't work, showing error message mentioned in my above comment. Looks like for some seats tickets this reselling mechanism doesn't work :)

So i have a pair of tickets in the lower level and in the club level at Fedex Field in DC.  Both sets of tickets were originally bought and allowed eticketing via my phone for entry.  It also allowed me to have my tickets physically printed and mailed to my house.  Does this mean these tickets are NOT credit card entry, so they are fully transferrable and i can send a set of tickets to friends  and they can get in without my credit card??

So i have a pair of tickets in the lower level and in the club level at Fedex Field in DC.  Both sets of tickets were originally bought and allowed eticketing via my phone for entry.  It also allowed me to have my tickets physically printed and mailed to my house.  Does this mean these tickets are NOT credit card entry, so they are fully transferrable and i can send a set of tickets to friends  and they can get in without my credit card??

Best to check with the venue.  My printed tickets for the ieTour had my name on them.