Sign in to follow this  
sped

Credit Card Entry (MERGED)

Yep--they're not allowing reselling of GA or RZ tix at all.  But the seats were also CCE to begin with (different from I & E tour, where they were hard tix).  There are a few venues that were different (e.g., Boston was all paper, no CCE-!)

It looks like all tickets in the presale were credit card entry bar Boston which was paper .

In the general sale for all venues except Boston only GA was credit card entry ,all of the seats were e tickets .

Was this a method to stop scalpers buying tickets in the presale or am I now led to believe that credit card entry seats sold in the presale can be resold ?

Is this just a method to ensure Ticketmaster get resale rights for these tickets,if so its a really cynical move.

Edited by Fano

I bought a single ticket to the first Chicago show.  It was a print at home ticket.  When the second presale happened, I was broke, so as a birthday present my dad bought me another single ticket on his credit card.  The seat isn't even as good as the first night, but it's CC entry. 

I can definitely take his credit card to the venue with me the day of the show, but will they check ID?  Even if I was able to get him to part with his ID for the day, would they let me in since I am a woman in my 30's and clearly not my 70 year old father?  Does anyone have any other suggestions?  I'm going to be stressing about this until the night of the show in June.

So I was just informed by my credit card company that they are going to be sending me a new credit card. How will I be able to enter the shows with a new credit card when the old credit card was the one I used to purchase my tickets?? 

I've had this happen to me. You'll be fine. Contact Ticketmaster &/or the venue and let them know. They'll get you sorted out.

Edited by Shannon387

So I was just informed by my credit card company that they are going to be sending me a new credit card. How will I be able to enter the shows with a new credit card when the old credit card was the one I used to purchase my tickets?? 

I'm in the same boat - I ordered with a card that doesn't expire for another year and a half and then the next day get a new chip enabled card from my bank with different numbers. I'm pretty sure they just swipe the card to verify name and purchase and that it doesn't have to be an active card.

yes, as monica said.  Do NOT get rid of the old card, keep it safe till you go to the concert.  You won't be able to use it for purchases, but the information is still in the magnetic strip and will work just fine. 

If any doubts about the correct info given here (just keep the old card), the Ticketmaster website covers this situattion in the CC Entry FAQ.