Croke Park : Pitch 1 and Pitch 2

kirkhopel

• Community Moderator

Do we expect more Pitch 2 to be released tomorrow? Will my Red Hill Group pre-sale code work in the second round?

Your Red Hill Group pre-sale code works from the presale start until the presale ends (Friday, Jan. 13, 5pm, local venue time)

Thanks for the reply. Do you know will Pitch 1 tickets still allow you to get up to the front section at Croke Park? I could buy Pitch 1 now on my code but am holding out to see if I can get Pitch 2.

Sorry... I don't have that information...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

No worries. Its probably safe to assume Pitch 2 is what it is on the map. Hopefully I'll get lucky with the Wires group in the morning. I spent over an hour trying on the main ticketmaster site only to realise I should have logged in through U2.com.

• Subscriber

I apologize if this has been asked/answered clearly before, but...is Pitch 1 a standing area on the field? It certainly would seem so, but my Pitch 1 tickets came with a Row and Seat number. Thanks in advance...

• Community Manager

I apologize if this has been asked/answered clearly before, but...is Pitch 1 a standing area on the field? It certainly would seem so, but my Pitch 1 tickets came with a Row and Seat number. Thanks in advance...

yes, it seems seat number are only there for reference

• Subscriber

When stadiums have standing they sell as many tickets as they would when it has a seating arrangement. (more or less)

This way they know for sure there is no overcrowding - Hence the seat and row number as they do allocate you to a seat...its just not physically there on the day, if that makes sense.

• Subscriber

Anyone not getting pitch2 in Dublin with a U2 subscription for over 10 years from 9am yesterday is pretty poor.

Long term members should really get preference.

No doubt plenty of tix will end up with part-time (big occasion) glory hunters.

To think I used to 'wear-out' the Joshua Tree cassettes in my car, I played them so much, I used to have to buy new ones.

Still, saw the show in '87.

I can't complain too much I suppose.