Anyone Else Miss Getting A Physical Ticket For Nostalgia's Sake?

• Subscriber

I get why they do credit card entry and am glad they do but I still wish there was some way to get a physical ticket after the show. For me it's a great souvenir that I keep with the set list from that show and brings back great memories every time I look at them all. It just isn't as special holding onto the credit card receipt as a keepsake instead of an actual ticket. Anyone else feel the same way? 

• Like 1
  • Subscriber

Was just reminiscing with some friends yesterday by sharing pics of our ticket stubs from The Joshua Tree Tour in 1987. The print at home tickets are just not the same and paperless is... paperless. I agree that a physical stub would be nice to have. 

• Like 1
  • Subscriber

Every paperless show I've been to (which includes concerts in Winnipeg and Vancouver), when you scan in with your credit card, they give you a printed stub from their machine, so you still get a paper ticket. It doesn't look like the old printed ticketmaster format tickets, but it's still a physical souvenir (not just a credit card receipt). This topic is near and dear to me, since I've filled two ticket stub albums worth of tickets.

• Subscriber

For some of the shows...

Collector Tickets

Exclusive Collector Tickets are available for this event! Buy a limited edition Collector Ticket which gives you access to the event thanks to its unique barcode.

For only an additional €5.95 per ticket, you will receive a special plastic credit card sized 'Collector Ticket' with lanyard to keep and treasure as a mememto of the event.

Collector Ticket artwork may vary from artwork shown here

177816p1.png

• Subscriber

In The Netherlands we still have the option to get hard copy tickets. It costs like €3,50 and it's an option during the ordering process.

I'll stay far, far away (so close) from those Collector Tickets.

I ordered 2 during the pre-sale in December 2014 for the I+E Tour in Amsterdam and a day for the concert I still received nothing.

A few mails and phone calls to Ticketmonster later they supplied me with e-Tickets.

About a month after the concert suddenly 2 Collector Ticket fell on my doormat. #FAIL

Also a lot of concert go-ers in Amsterdam expierenced difficulties with non-working Collector Tickets. Luckily for them Security let them throug.

• Subscriber

I opt for paper tickets when possible.  I love triple checking that I have my tickets on the way to a show and keeping the stubs in an album. So many stories to be cherished and shared when viewing them again.

• Subscriber

In The Netherlands we still have the option to get hard copy tickets. It costs like €3,50 and it's an option during the ordering process.

I'll stay far, far away (so close) from those Collector Tickets.

I ordered 2 during the pre-sale in December 2014 for the I+E Tour in Amsterdam and a day for the concert I still received nothing.

A few mails and phone calls to Ticketmonster later they supplied me with e-Tickets.

About a month after the concert suddenly 2 Collector Ticket fell on my doormat. #FAIL

Also a lot of concert go-ers in Amsterdam expierenced difficulties with non-working Collector Tickets. Luckily for them Security let them throug.

We had those collector tickets for I+E in Paris. Got them quickly sent by secured mail after ordering and had no problem whatsoever using them.

Today they were indeed - as said above - 5,95€ per ticket and the secure mail costed 8,50€ extra. Or you could have them delivered by DHL for an added 25€. But no option to get them throuhg regular mail, so the 8,50€ is the minimum extra charge.

I still got them, because our kids are coming along for their first ever concert, so it'll make for a nice memorabilia for them.

Edited by jojes