Bono-Roo... Roo2... URoo! Whatever it is, excited to see all your wonderful faces on the Farm!

• Subscriber

He ya'llll

I don't post on here much, but just wanted to extend a friendly hand to join us on Reddit for all sorts of conversations and gearing up for U2 at Bonnaroo.  But more importantly, if you've never done Bonnaroo, us at www.reddit.com/r/u2band are here to help and answer any questions you need! 

Bonnaroo is similar to Burning Man in the sense that it is much more sophisticated and layered than your average big city music festival.  There's yoga, morning jogs, cool costumes GALORE, water slides, comedy shows, film screenings--you name it! 

Bonnaroo is also similar to U2 in the sense that it has morphed and evolved over the years.  Bonnaroo is the horse of a different color.  There is no pre-set determined genre, or bias set by the community.  It accepts all religions, creeds, nationalities and has people from all walks of life. It started out as a jam band festival seeing as it is just outside of Nashville, Tenneesee, but now it's a multi-genre, come one come all festival, and this year imo the best music festival in the world will play host to the best band in the world. 

Feel free to look up information on www.reddit.com/r/bonnaroo.  Use the search function first for anything that might be a broad question. 

Either way, on the Bonnaroo or U2 subreddit, there are plenty of experienced Roovians so we're here to answer any question you might have. 

Friday night U2 set into late Bonnaroo.  It's going to be, one for the books. 

HOPE TO SEE YOU ON THE FARM!

Pretty excited to learn of you, Bono-Let-Me-Stage-Dive (lol!)!

It is nice of you to come here and welcome everyone!  

I am going to try and join you on "the Farm."

I have been to Burning  Man a couple of times (first time in '94)--what an excellent scream!!   :D 

If Bonaroo is even a 1/4 as much fun...!

I am just psyched there might actually be a chance to stand in a place with some space

and dance to U2.  It is a pity the Irish, allegedly, cannot dance.

U2 music is so good for this!

I presume Bonnaroo is a dancing sort of venue?

Edited by voicefromdc
  • Subscriber

Pretty excited to learn of you, Bono-Let-Me-Stage-Dive (lol!)!

It is nice of you to come here and welcome everyone!  

I am going to try and join you on "the Farm."

I have been to Burning  Man a couple of times (first time in '94)--what an excellent scream!!   :D 

If Bonaroo is even a 1/4 as much fun...!

I am just psyched there might actually be a chance to stand in a place with some space

and dance to U2.  It is a pity the Irish, allegedly, cannot dance.

U2 music is so good for this!

I presume Bonnaroo is a dancing sort of venue?

Wow!  You've been to Burning Man!?  Well, I cannot put it any better than comparing it to Burning Man.  It would be like giving Burning Man a schedule of bands to play.  The vibe, the people, the over all feel is exactly the same.  Bonnaroo is just has music whereas Burning Man has music sets but they're not per-determined.  Some acts just show up unannounced and play. 

Bonnaroo is definitely a dancing venue.  There is of course the Silent Disco, which, don't quote me on this but I think the idea was started at Bonnaroo.  If not started at Roo, definitely popularized by Bonnaroo.  At night they have a tent where you listen to music through headphones, so from afar, as an outsider, you see people dancing wildly to sounds you cannot hear.  But to the people inside the tent with headphones on, it's party time.  Otherwise, you can dance ANYWHERE... literally literally ANYWHERE at Bonnaroo.  There's dancing everywhere, especially at night/early morning.  Hoola hoops, and all sorts of cool things are plentiful inside Center Roo.   

This is once in a lifetime opportunity.  Seeing as U2 doesn't play festivals often, and seeing as big big bands don't do repeat performances too soon (eg. Radiohead), it could be 10 years the next time they play Bonnaroo.  They'll be nearly 70.  Yikes! 

Ya'll should heed my advice.  Take this opportunity.  It's going to be grand.