Croke Park - was Pitch 2 on sale? (MERGED)

mcgeebers

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I went through the email link from U2.com at 9am and got my Pitch 2 ticket without any difficulty. Looking at the layout for the full pitch on the TM site, I am satisfied that Pitch 2 is what we would generally describe as a "pit" and that those with Pitch 1 tickets will not be allowed entry to that particular area. Same as with Springsteen last year where those with wristbands were allowed entry to the "pit".

• Subscriber

Thats what were all trying to figure out - Coldplay have done the same thing - 

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/coldplay-a-head-full-of-dublin-07-08-2017/event/18005143AA7D7133?artistid=806431&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

Guess we might know if anyone goes there...

As I said before if it was just a case of separate entrances surely they'd just be printed on the ticket as normal? Why split the seating plan? Equally those buying GA have n idea wether to buy pitch 1 or wait for pitch 2.

Coldplay have B-stages in the section far from the main stage. So, I understand the prices are the same. As for U2, Pitch 1 is far from the stage and has no B-stage in it, but they are the same price. Does not make sense.

• Subscriber

I agree it doesn't make sense thats my argument - but if it didnt affect where you were on the pitch why would they even display it on the seating plan and have alternative options to choose on ticketmaster. You would think they would just have a single option and then juut distribute so many pitch 1 & 2 tickets according to entrances or whatever.

If a friend now comes with me I don't know if its okay for them to buy pitch 1 with me being in pitch 2 and vice versa.

• Subscriber

No pitch 1 or 2 today.

Really annoyed, what's the point on this subscription nonsense.

I should not have bothered joining, since I had an option to join through ticketmaster this morning and if i didn't like the tickets i was offered then not bother joining.

Instead I joined and ended up with nosebleed seated tickets

• Subscriber

I was trying for the past hour and a half and I was finally able to snag GA Pitch 2 at 5:29am EST!

Don't give up!

This. Keep trying even now. I picked up mine at 10.15 GMT. The TM servers were a mess. I wouldn't be surprised if lots of Pitch 2 are being released at random times - in other words they prioritised sale of Pitch 1 first. Dopes.