Sign in to follow this  
mcgeebers

Croke Park - was Pitch 2 on sale? (MERGED)

Took me 80 minutes this morning to be able find ANY tickets at all.... kept returning 'no tickets available'. Eventually, it started finding tickets but it was each search result was different. I picked 4 P1s but my connection dropped during the processing of the order so I had to start again. The first search I did on the retry returned 4 P2 tickets so I nabbed them.....  couldn't take any more stressing. I actually wanted 4 in the lower Hogan..... but at least I got them.

Took me 80 minutes this morning to be able find ANY tickets at all.... kept returning 'no tickets available'. Eventually, it started finding tickets but it was each search result was different. I picked 4 P1s but my connection dropped during the processing of the order so I had to start again. The first search I did on the retry returned 4 P2 tickets so I nabbed them.....  couldn't take any more stressing. I actually wanted 4 in the lower Hogan..... but at least I got them.

Well done. P2 are going to be like hen's teeth.

I tried all day yesterday for pitch 2 tickets but with no success. Then, after countless more attempts this morning, I eventually got two pitch 2 tickets at approx 1030. Must have had hundreds of attempts. If you are still trying, good luck. I basically settled for trying pitch 2 and if no success, I would get any other ticket just before pre sale ended!

So I tried again this morning for pitch 2 again no luck. Completely sold out by the time I reached the top of the q.

Just searched seatwave and there is 56 pitch 2 tickets available starting at €420.

When is ticketmasters monopoly going to end? 

So I tried again this morning for pitch 2 again no luck. Completely sold out by the time I reached the top of the q.

Just searched seatwave and there is 56 pitch 2 tickets available starting at €420.

When is ticketmasters monopoly going to end? 

There were a lot of these for sale on Fri, shame that "fans" (I know not real fans) ordered these to sell on at heavily inflated prices.  I'd hope these ppl would end up with unsold tickets, unfortunately even if they do with a handful, they'll have made a killing with the ones they did sell.

I've been to almost all Tours since the original Joshua Tree, except for When Love Comes Town, thanks to being a fan club member, I've been able to get in most cases 4 tickets, for my two bro's and sister-in-law, who are all big U2 fans.

As much as I want to go to the concerts, I wouldn't pay a ticket tout over the odds for a ticket, especially 5 or 6 times the price (or even more in cases).

hmmmm couldn't get Pitch 2 at all... and grabbed a pitch 1 ticket just in case..

Glad I took it in the end! At least I am on the pitch...

I got pitch 2 in the general sale no bother.  Straight in, tickets selected, transaction completed and confirmation email received by 9:03.  

Do you think pitch 2 will be separated from pitch 1 or is it just for access purposes?  I know no queing is allowed but just wondering?  Anyone know?

I got pitch 2 in the general sale no bother.  Straight in, tickets selected, transaction completed and confirmation email received by 9:03.  

Do you think pitch 2 will be separated from pitch 1 or is it just for access purposes?  I know no queing is allowed but just wondering?  Anyone know?

I don't know about access routes outside the venue, but, yes, it will be two separate standing areas on the pitch

From earlier posts it is suggested there is a physical barrier for H+S purposes.

Would suggest that there is different entrance points to stadium/pitch purely to split up crowd, but the way Croker is set up I would suggest you can mingle behind stands (Cusack anyway)

Red Zone does sort of guarantee you the best spot.

With pitch 2 it only guarantees you at the front 1/3 - 1/2 of the pitch. Its just an improvement on standard GA but not massive.

It seems like a massive improvement on Pitch 1 based on the Map? I wonder what time you would need to be there with your Pitch 2 ticket to get right up the front by the stage?