Sign in to follow this  
fleshfly

Was anyone able to buy RedZone Today?

No problem getting 2 RZ for Pittsburgh at $350 each at 9 AM.  Only took a couple of minutes.  CC entry, of course, which I like - damn the re-sellers.  I believe this is the same RZ price I paid for MSQ NYC in 2015.  NYC was my first RZ experience and it was totally worth it.  Met a lot of super U2 fans and were up close and personal to the guys and Bruce Springsteen's guest appearance. Going to go for 4 Best Available w/o code on Monday general sale as I am going with friends from Cleveland who are not U2 members.   I'm holding out my other 2 pre-sale for potential added dates somewhere cooler than Pittsburgh or Cleveland.

I am a new Member , so i belong to the Wire Group with the right to start Presale on Thursday. Was logged in directly at 9 and could get 2 Red Zone Tickets for Brussels without any Problems . Excited ;-) 

It was impossible for me (London). Two hours refreshing and changing browsers.

I finally got two seated tickets.

Now I see another option (Ticketcollector) for London that yesterday didn't appear.

Bad experience.

I didn't have any luck with RZ at Gillette. They did have some VIP available (500+ each) but I opted for the reserved seating.

I despise Gillette Stadium for concerts and football. It's great for futbol because no one shows up and you don't have to spend literally 3 hours in the parking lot just get on Route 1...but for U2 or Patriots I'm already dreading it. Not dreading it enough to not go...but this like the only exception. I passed on this for PopMart and 360 just because it was Gillette..but this is the Joshua Tree dammit. $50 parking be damned.

Oh for those interested there is a hotel on site and it is a "special event" rate of $850/night (includes tax but not parking). 

I didn't need that equity in my house anyway. But it beats getting home Sunday night/Monday morning at 4:30 AM!

GILLETTE IS THE WORST. 360 I DIDNT LEAVE THE PARING LOT FOR 2 HOURS!!! INSANE!!! I SWORE I WOUDL NEVER GO BACK. IM UPSET THAT THEY ARE DOING STADIUMS... THIS IS AN UGLY CASH GRABBIN TOUR.

I agree Gillette is the worst. Better off parking 2 miles away in a private lot and walking to the stadium. Got to love the hotel price gouging - expected nothing less of them - hope its lucky money for them!!

I got 4 Red Zones for Miami....

I felt I kinda had to go this route.   When I was younger, I had the stamina to wait all day for regular GA, and get inside the "heart" (2001), and the "circle" (2005), for their South Florida arena shows....  Being right up front was special, but alas, the waiting for hours and hours is simply just no longer feasible for me.

For the 360 stadium show, I opted for lower level seats near the stage, rather than ga, but I felt so removed from the show.  

(Lower level for an arena show is fine.... but for the stadium, it was so disappointing.)

So, this will be my first Red Zone experience.  The price is high... however, I'm choosing NOT to compare it to the regular ga.

Instead, I'm comparing it to the full price, regular lower level seats.

Those regular full price lowers cost $280+fees (which end up like $322 after the fees.)   The $350 Red Zone was already fee inclusive.

So I look at it as.... paying $322 for a lower level seat versus $350 for a guaranteed close spot up front.  

So the Red Zone isn't really THAT much more expensive than the lowers.   And the charity is a nice bonus!   :)

(In my imaginary perfect world, the shows would be reserved seats on the floor again... I had 2nd row field seats for Zoo TV, and 3rd row field seats for Popmart.   But I guess that's not happening again.)

Edited by rlj1010