Red Zone Details

gcf1971

• Subscriber

Two years ago in Denver we arrived 30 minutes prior to doors opening and were about 20th in line. I couldn't tell you how many people were on our side (Adam's side) of the RZ, but we ended up next to the rail. There was PLENTY of room to move about. I could have easily skipped rope farther away from the stage and not hit anyone. Being able to freely move between the RZ and GA was really nice.

Does anyone know if folks in RZ will be able to go into GA as before?

Despite Max's caution, it's worth saying that for both 360 and I & E the answer was yes.  Indeed, there's really no way to stop RZ people from doing this (unless they didn't let you leave RZ at all, which won't happen).

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

This setup is a bit different this year.  Red Zone is on the Edge side however you can also line up along the one side of the Joshua Tree shaped stage.  Not sure where the best spot will be and how much time they will be on that separate stage.

One thing worth noting - the map may change.  I have no inside information, but when the I&E tickets went onsale in 2015, all seating charts clearly showed the Red Zone as being attached to the catwalk/b-stage area.  However, when the tour actually began, it turned out that the Red Zone areas were actually attached to the front sides of the main stage - in other words, in a completely different location than was on the seating chart.

So right now, while the map does indicate that it will be in front of the stage adjacent to the catwalk, I'm not gonna believe that's the spot until I actually see it.

• Subscriber

Most people buying RZ are buying specifically NOT to queue up. So, have at it, we'll see you in there a few hours later from 15 feet behind you. ;-)

The thing is... I had Red Zone for Croke Park 360 tour and while it was incredible and we got a great spot by the rail - we only seemed to be able to get into the 'Outside ring' and not the 'inner red zone'.

I still have no idea why that was. I guess the red zone only got you so far and if you wanted inside the area with the bridges etc that was the 'pit' and you would have had to have queued all day?

• Subscriber

Most people buying RZ are buying specifically NOT to queue up. So, have at it, we'll see you in there a few hours later from 15 feet behind you. ;-)

The thing is... I had Red Zone for Croke Park 360 tour and while it was incredible and we got a great spot by the rail - we only seemed to be able to get into the 'Outside ring' and not the 'inner red zone'.

I still have no idea why that was. I guess the red zone only got you so far and if you wanted inside the area with the bridges etc that was the 'pit' and you would have had to have queued all day?

The 360 RZ was what you're calling "the outer ring".  There was no "inner red zone"--that was 360's version of the GA inner circle/ellipse/etc. as on previous tours.  That said, with RZ, you could just leave the RZ and then go into the inner ring along with regular GA--this is what I usually did with 360 RZ tickets.  This meant that with RZ, you didn't have to queue all day, because RZ and regular GA were let in at about the same time.  Indeed, with RZ you didn't have to actually enter the RZ at all--once you got to the floor, you could simply go into the entrance for the inner circle (rather than the RZ) to begin with.  With the JT RZ, though, we're right up against the rail(s) to begin with.

• Subscriber

This setup is a bit different this year.  Red Zone is on the Edge side however you can also line up along the one side of the Joshua Tree shaped stage.  Not sure where the best spot will be and how much time they will be on that separate stage.

One thing worth noting - the map may change.  I have no inside information, but when the I&E tickets went onsale in 2015, all seating charts clearly showed the Red Zone as being attached to the catwalk/b-stage area.  However, when the tour actually began, it turned out that the Red Zone areas were actually attached to the front sides of the main stage - in other words, in a completely different location than was on the seating chart.

So right now, while the map does indicate that it will be in front of the stage adjacent to the catwalk, I'm not gonna believe that's the spot until I actually see it.

I understand your caution, but am pretty sure it's a different situation this time.  For I & E, it was clear (to some of us, anyway), that the initial maps were incomplete/vague/unreliable--it was a huge discussion topic here on the boards.  Indeed, that's way I didn't buy any RZ tickets last time when tix went on sale.  And you're right, of course--the RZ location changed markedly (and much for the worse, IMHO).  This time, the maps are much more detailed and specific from the get-go.  I'd say it's almost certain that the depicted RZ is where it will actually be (this time).

• Subscriber

The 360 RZ was what you're calling "the outer ring".  There was no "inner red zone"--that was 360's version of the GA inner circle/ellipse/etc. as on previous tours.  That said, with RZ, you could just leave the RZ and then go into the inner ring along with regular GA--this is what I usually did with 360 RZ tickets.  This meant that with RZ, you didn't have to queue all day, because RZ and regular GA were let in at about the same time.  Indeed, with RZ you didn't have to actually enter the RZ at all--once you got to the floor, you could simply go into the entrance for the inner circle (rather than the RZ) to begin with.  With the JT RZ, though, we're right up against the rail(s) to begin with.

Thanks for clearing that up man - really really helpful!

I'm a little gutted I didn't know this back in '09! I'm guessing we would have have to be there pretty early at the RZ entrance to get into GA / 'inner ring'.

For RZ this time around, do you think we'll need to arrive early at all (by RZ standards = as gates open) to get a good spot by the rail?

Where do you predict the best spot will be, rail by the stage or rail connecting the stages?

• Subscriber

But if you have RZ why don't you leave people who can't go here and there to have there spot in GA inner circle pit or whatever??? Sounds unfair. I hope this time people with RZ ticket must stay there

• Subscriber

Monica:

Agree it doesn't seem to be the fairest system, it's probably why they've adapted the stage this time out so that when you're in the RZ you don't need to go elsewhere.

RZ as a concept is amazing for people who don't fancy queuing, want a great position and can do that while giving back to charity.

It should be licensed to *every* major act. No more golden circles, a red zone for every high demand show on earth with proceeds going to charity, half the money going to the band nominated charity and the other half going to the local charity voted for by the bands fans in each city.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

But if you have RZ why don't you leave people who can't go here and there to have there spot in GA inner circle pit or whatever??? Sounds unfair. I hope this time people with RZ ticket must stay there

Who said they were leaving RZ, though? There is a rail at the front of RZ against the main stage, a rail connecting to the B stage, and a rail at the B stage... Unless you really want to be near Adam, seems like there's no reason to leave RZ.

• Subscriber

Who said they were leaving RZ, though? There is a rail at the front of RZ against the main stage, a rail connecting to the B stage, and a rail at the B stage... Unless you really want to be near Adam, seems like there's no reason to leave RZ.

Depending on how they actually do RZ I may very well go into GA. I don't want to be at the end of the left to the main stage. So I'd probably go to GA front and center. I don't agree with RZ being forced To stay in the RZ area. You do realize RZ is a GA ticket with a donation fee right? It says GA on the ticket...

Archived