Sign in to follow this  
lololabrute

Montreal and New York not part t of this tour?

Is anyone else very surprised to see Montreal and New York not being part of this tour? 

Are there any rumours out there if these 2 will pop up in the future for this specific tour? 

Thanks! 

L.

Most stadium shows for the NYC area are in East Rutherford, NJ. They even run special buses to/from the show from Port Authority.

There isn't really a venue in Montreal right now.  U2 hated the Big O enough to build their own venue for 360 - but I don't think that space is available anymore, and Parc Jean-Drapeau is only half-available this year, so it's just too complicated.  I suspect they'll be back here for the next arena tour.

U2 don't hate Montreal's Olympic Stadium, in fact it is well known that it is at that stadium that U2 realised they are good enough to do stadiums, back in the '80's. They have done Joshua Tree 87, Zoo TV and POP Mart at that stadium. 

The reason they did not go to the stadium in 2011 was mainly the size of the 360 Claw-stage, specifically the center spire that would not fit in the now roof covered stadium. They were other technical issues as well, but it was mostly the spire not fitting under the stadium roof, it was too complicated from an engineering standpoint to lower the spire by shortening the legs of the claw.

They could easily play the Olympic Stadium for JTT 2017.

Edited by passenger789

Metlife is NYC..I was surprised bout Montreal as well..I still think theyre coming up there 

For the IE they did more shows per capita  then anywhere in Montreal 

thus i think if the do not play the toilet bowl that is the big owe (Olympic Stadium) they will certainly fill the Bell Center many nights the following year

thus i think if the do not play the toilet bowl that is the big owe (Olympic Stadium) they will certainly fill the Bell Center many nights the following year

I'd be looking forward to that.  Love making the drive up there...I really kinda hope NO shows are added to this 30yr thing...I'm down with it being recognized, and doing the existing stadiums but I really want the focus to stay on track with new material.  Hopefully, late in the year with a tour next spring......If after next week you see shows added and this played out...you can forget any new music for an indefinite period...I'm stuill very skeptical about why its not out and this whole thing is happenning...but whatever

I'd be looking forward to that.  Love making the drive up there...I really kinda hope NO shows are added to this 30yr thing...I'm down with it being recognized, and doing the existing stadiums but I really want the focus to stay on track with new material.  Hopefully, late in the year with a tour next spring......If after next week you see shows added and this played out...you can forget any new music for an indefinite period...I'm stuill very skeptical about why its not out and this whole thing is happenning...but whatever

Yes great point  im hoping the same and if they get the new album out and tour maybe the Joshua experience will at least allow them to pull out some rarer tracks to add to the Songs of Experience tour

There is a train from Penn Station NY that takes your right to the Meadowlands, both NY football teams play here as well, NYC has no space for a football stadium, and all stadium shows U2 has ever played in NY was actually played in NJ.