Sign in to follow this  
steveplenzler

Joshua Tree Tour 2017 Stage

Awesome Lobmans!  What a great job you did.  The guy sounds so nice!  :) . Thanks for making my day a little brighter with this story.

Lobmans, thanks for the translation!! I loved reading it.

top work Lobmans. I tip my hat to you..

Awesome Lobmans!  What a great job you did.  The guy sounds so nice!   :) . Thanks for making my day a little brighter with this story.

Lobmans, thanks for the translation!! I loved reading it.

You're welcome!! It would be a pity if only dutch speaking people could read this nice interview, so I did it with a great deal of pleasure! :)

Edited by Lobmans

Has anyone seen a rendering of the stage for this tour?  I'm considering "side stage" tickets but not sure if there will be a crappy view from there.  The price is right though!

Thanks.

Any clues to the staging from the Dreamforce appearance late last year?

Has anyone seen a rendering of the stage for this tour?  I'm considering "side stage" tickets but not sure if there will be a crappy view from there.  The price is right though!

Thanks.

Any clues to the staging from the Dreamforce appearance late last year?

The stage there was the Vertigo stage that they used in Hawaii.  Not the full circle, just the two separate catwalks/bstages.  This does not look like it will be that.

do we expect there to be an inner circle at Twickenham?  really hope so :xx

Stage layouts over here ---->http://zootopia.u2.com/topic/34015-u2-the-joshua-tree-tour-2017-europe-tour-venue-maps/

Is it me, or does it seem they start the "seat kill" area too deep on the sides?

For example, I was able to snag $100 tickets in Dallas at the equivalent of of the M35 area on this map that seem like a damn good value, especially since areas that are still side-stage nearby are at the top price level.

It seems like you'd even have full views of any screens at the back of the stage.

Also, odd is that the seat kill area is asymmetrical on both sides.

As much as I try to visualize some 360esque claw like legs that might be used on the sides of the stage that would be a partial obstruction, I can't see any scenario where it would NOT block the premium 100s and/or the Red Zone as well, which makes me think there is not going to be an obstructed element despite the fact that the map "hints" at it.

Any thoughts?  I can't think they don't have a schematic of the stage already finalized (especially considering they seem to have the odd-shape to the B-stage committed to), but it's still a mystery why they cut off all tickets where they did on the sides.