• First
    • 2-5
    • 5-9
    • 10-13
    • 14-16
    • 17-19
    • 20+

• Subscriber

Ok, purely to start something under this topic, why don't we start a little discussion about those who will be attending this show.

3 easy questions:

- Where are you from?

- where are your seats?

- How many U2 shows is this for you?

- Song on JT you most want to hear?

My answers:

- from YYC

- RZ tickets (thanks TM app!)

- I believe this will be 12 or 13.

........and tough one (and its my own question)

But my vote is gonna be exit.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Miami here.

Hoping to get some tix tmrw in wires sale. What was cost of RZ if you don't mind me asking.

1st !

Probably "running to stand still"

$350 CDN.  So, in USD, that is like $7.34 ;)

And, as of an hour or so ago (so like 90+ minutes after RH presale opened, there were lots of tickets available left from our presale so there should still be lots available for Hill tomorrow)

Miami to Vancouver - that is a long travel for the show....

• Subscriber

Miami to Vancouver - that is a long travel for the show....

I actually have the shortest travel time out of my other friends going to the Vancouver show! Got a buddy flying in from Australia! Figured we'd meet halfway, give or take a few miles lol

• Subscriber

Saw the '87 Joshua Tree Tour (my first U2 gig) in my hometown at B.C. Place.

After seeing all the subsequent tours (except the Lovetown Tour) at home and elsewhere, I'm gonna see the '17 Joshua Tree Tour in my hometown at...B.C. Place!!!

"Full circle", or what, eh?

I'll be the guy cheekily wearing my well worn POPMART '97 Tour shirt in the cheapest fan club seats possible.

1987, 2017 and 1997...at least there's a pattern ;-)

Love the underrated song "Red Hill Mining Town" and the odd, sweaty music video that compliments it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytRekLUX3GE

Hope to hear it live once and for all.

• Subscriber

After seeing all the subsequent tours (except the Lovetown Tour) at home and elsewhere, I'm gonna see the '17 Joshua Tree Tour in my hometown at...B.C. Place!!!

I'll be the guy cheekily wearing my well worn POPMART '97 Tour shirt in the cheapest fan club seats possible.

Love the underrated song "Red Hill Mining Town" and the odd, sweaty music video that compliments it.

I actually wore my popmart shirt (purchased in Edmonton, '97) last night as a 'good luck' omen for the presale this morning.

Maybe I'll wear mine to the show so there will be a couple of us old f-----ers in the crowd, eh?

And, yeah, Red Hill will be great too.

I am a bit of 2 minds about these 'nostalgia/anniversary' tours that so many bands are doing. 

BUT, I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it when the Hip did Fully Completely a few years back and I'd be struck by lightning lying if I didn't say that seeing this whole album live won't be a big deal for me.

(While I was a big fan even then, at age 11 and living in Saskatoon I was just a little too young to catch JT tour the first time around so have always felt it was missing from my own experiences....)

• Subscriber

I actually wore my popmart shirt (purchased in Edmonton, '97) last night as a 'good luck' omen for the presale this morning.

Maybe I'll wear mine to the show so there will be a couple of us old f-----ers in the crowd, eh?

And, yeah, Red Hill will be great too.

I am a bit of 2 minds about these 'nostalgia/anniversary' tours that so many bands are doing. 

BUT, I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it when the Hip did Fully Completely a few years back and I'd be struck by lightning lying if I didn't say that seeing this whole album live won't be a big deal for me.

(While I was a big fan even then, at age 11 and living in Saskatoon I was just a little too young to catch JT tour the first time around so have always felt it was missing from my own experiences....)

Nice!!! I'm originally from Deadmonton so I travelled back to the old 'hood for POPMART . Gotta say the Commonwealth Stadium show was leagues better than the Vancouver and Seattle dates that came after, as well as the Eugene, Oregon date that preceded it. The energy was incredible in The 'Chuck those nights!

Whenever I listen to WOWY on the Popheart EP I take pride in knowing I was at that show, therefore, I'm on that recording too!

And...oh yeah. The Hip performing Fully Completely kicked crazy Canuck ass!

• Subscriber

- Where are you from?

Vancouver

- where are your seats?

GA

5th

I think Mother's of the Disappeared, but Running to Stand Still is an all time fav.

• Subscriber

-Where are you from?

Vancouver

- where are your seats?

GA both shows (wish it was RZ!)

13 in Vancouver and 14 in Seattle

One tree hill

Archived