U2- Can you make your ticket prices any higher?

gertrude13

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

This is the going rate for many major acts these days.  If you must blame, do so with scalpers; secondary ticket agencies; (Ticket King, Vivid Seats, etc.) corporations that buy numerous amounts of seats and give them out to many who don't even care if they are at the show but got comps and went anyhow.

Petition your representatives to shut down all the businesses which buy up seats and resell them at a huge profit.

Coldplay is $225 at Soldier Field.  The Rolling Stones at Summerfest were $500.  Lady Gaga was $300.  Barbra Streisand was $500.  I can keep going.  I share your irritation but it's not the band that set these prices.  It's the promoter.

Edited by Manohlive

While I understand why ticket prices get to what they are, I do think that bands like u2 could do more you ensure genuine fans have a chance to get them. For instance tickets for the Joshua Tree tour. I ..like many other fans...have never been able to see U2 live and a main reason is that like now we are expected to find the money for tickets at a moments notice. I mean...come on...has nobody there realised...or even considered...that for people now monthly pay there have been no pay days since Christmas!!!. It's no wonder the touts get all the tickets and us genuine fans miss out yet again. Then again...does anyone on the promotion side of things really care as long as the money that they set out to get rolls in again. Love U2....but gutted about the fact that they are just another part of this corporate wheel and that they've lost touch with their fans normal life situations. Yes....The Joshua Tree album is very relevant to life today....but unfortunately the band seem to be a part of the fat cats corporation.

Posted · Hidden by bigwave, January 12, 2017 - duplicate post
Hidden by bigwave, January 12, 2017 - duplicate post

While I understand why ticket prices get to what they are, I do think that bands like u2 could do more you ensure genuine fans have a chance to get them. For instance tickets for the Joshua Tree tour. I ..like many other fans...have never been able to see U2 live and a main reason is that like now we are expected to find the money for tickets at a moments notice. I mean...come on...has nobody there realised...or even considered...that for people now monthly pay there have been no pay days since Christmas!!!. It's no wonder the touts get all the tickets and us genuine fans miss out yet again. Then again...does anyone on the promotion side of things really care as long as the money that they set out to get rolls in again. Love U2....but gutted about the fact that they are just another part of this corporate wheel and that they've lost touch with their fans normal life situations. Yes....The Joshua Tree album is very relevant to life today....but unfortunately the band seem to be a part of the fat cats corporation.

Posted · Hidden by bigwave, January 12, 2017 - duplicate post
Hidden by bigwave, January 12, 2017 - duplicate post

• Subscriber

They always previously made a point about keeping prices low. Even on the 360 tour they kept the majority of tickets at a reasonable level.

I think the lack of record sales has now blown sensible pricing apart as very little can be gained from album sales nowadays so bands have to squeeze more from their live audience to make up the shortfall.

What made me laugh (or not) today was that Twickenham UK prices are higher in £ GBP than equivalent tickets in € Euro !  Unbelievable - There's the exchange rate differential and then VAT is 23% in IE and 20% in UK !!

Edited by shack1

• Subscriber

I have ga tickets to both €and £venues and at the end the difference is only a few euro

They still keep prices low compared to others and with a wide range of options including no silly differences on Ga.

Just to name one... Phil Collins @ Aviva in Dublin even if the highest price is 144euro the lowest is 89.50!!!

Then you have fees commissions shipping.... <------these could be much lower

Edited by monica martino