The Action Thread Part Two

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, tan_lejos_tan_cerca said:

Summer is wrapping up and we’ve gathered 6 stories you might have missed in the past month:

🎊 Africa declared free of wild polio
💊 #COVID19 derails progress fighting HIV/AIDS, malaria, and TB
💉 UK supports vaccine equity
🇲🇱 Coup leaves Mali in uncertainty
📈 Aid worker attacks increase in 2019
👤 #COVID19 to displace 1 million in Sahel

https://www.one.org/international/blog/underreported-stories-august/?utm_source=facebook&source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=covid19&fbclid=IwAR0q7lE90EwN0g3hS_m8FBrqFEbBelil4BNnrZEBKFIj4CNT3MwXdLEMjJc

It's so Awesome about Africa being declared free from wild polio. A beautiful day, for sure! :u2-1383:

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1058 EDUCATION How soccer is changing the lives of girls in Kenya February 23 2017 | By: MEGAN IACOBINI DE FAZIO GIRLS COUNT Every gi

238 WATER AND SANITATION How the Ebola outbreak spurred improved access to running water in Liberia 16 November 2018 1:35PM UTC | By: WOMEN'S ADVANCEMENT DEEPLY

Posted Images

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, tan_lejos_tan_cerca said:

Salute! 🥂
That's Italian for "Cheers!" 🇮🇹
Some people we support decided to leave Salisbury for the night, and have an Italian-themed evening! 👍
With lots of homemade bunting and pizza, they had a great night. 🍕
What country would you go to for dinner? 

Foto de Mencap.

Foto de Mencap.

Foto de Mencap.

For dinner? Somewhere in the Meditteranean I guess. :) 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, tan_lejos_tan_cerca said:

On your next 💻 Zoom call, don't let people see the 🛏 unmade bed or 👚unfolded laundry lurking in your 🏠 home.

Instead, transport 🙋🏽‍♀️ yourself to a beautiful landscape in 🌍 Africa. We've created 8️⃣ virtual backgrounds—one for each African country that receives 💵 (RED) funding.

https://www.red.org/reditorial/africa-zoom-backgrounds?fbclid=IwAR2-eMsYlIhEbwkRNoQ1c6Jykqs_24I6tagosHxY4yJlmzZ9iOvAb77fTMA

A pretty cool idea. Beautiful! :u2-1383:

• Subscriber

This week:

🗓Marked 6 months since the first #COVID19 cases were diagnosed in 5 African countries

🌽 Food insecurity is growing across Africa due to #COVID19 lockdowns

🖥 80% of African students don’t have access to the internet, impacting online learning

Learn more more by signing up for our weekly Aftershocks email where we track the impacts of #COVID19 in Africa:

https://www.one.org/africa/about/policy-analysis/covid-19-tracker/?utm_source=twitter&source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=covid19&fbclid=IwAR0WdnjSLsauF6ZjPNp-VPqmpXDANPzWTLqyV6FmtAlFpYkAA4xcRlYiTU0

• Subscriber

Say hello to Nicki. 👋

Nicki is someone we support and she's really proud of coming third in a poetry competition recently.

Her poem "RDA Ride" was inspired by a horse called Jacko. 🐴

The competition was organised by Saxon Group RDA. They are a volunteer group who make horse riding accessible for people with a disability. Nicky has been going there for four years and loves to ride.🏇

Last year, she even met Princess Anne there! 👑

Well done Nicki! Keep on writing poems and riding horses. 👍

118655757_10158711216251354_6418029087565790901_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=K4_TVc1_BEkAX8knLtP&_nc_ht=scontent-mad1-1.xx&tp=7&oh=34b1b43518db6e8afb8787e29494fc5a&oe=5F71775E

Foto de Mencap.

• Subscriber

Welcome to Trev's Art Gallery! 🖼

Mencap supports Trev as part of our community support services. The coronavirus lockdown meant that he's had to miss out on the art classes that he loves. 🎨

But that's not stopped his creativity from flowing. In fact, he's produced so much art over the last few months, Trev decided to create a gallery in his flat to display it all! 😲

He's filled it with all kinds of artwork that he's created over the last few months and loves to show people that come to visit. 👨‍🎨

"The art gallery makes me feel famous and it makes me feel happy," Trev says.

"It keeps me busy when I'm at home. I like to be creative and I have 34 pictures on my wall. I have a folder as well with all my other pictures in. My support staff have brought pictures in for me to colour. I like to show my support staff all my work, it brightens up my home. I like to look at all the colours. It cheers me up!"

Thanks for sharing, Trev. Keep up the great artwork! 👍

Foto de Mencap.

Foto de Mencap.

Foto de Mencap.

• Subscriber

Sing Ireland is pleased to bring you this free webinar - Back to Basics: A Choral Conducting Refresher - on 12th September 2020 at 12pm with Orla Flanagan.

Participants are encouraged to submit any questions in advance. Attendance is free but early registration is advised. Visit their website to register: https://www.singireland.ie/…/back-to-basics-a-choral-conduc…