just used my wires presale code and got vip party package

casteelak

• Community Moderator

From the U2.com presale email, relevant part in bold:

Take care of this email and don't let anyone access this code who might use it against your wishes. It is for your personal use only and cannot be transferred/used by anyone else. All ticketing code use is audited and anyone found to be abusing presale privileges risks cancellation of ticket purchases and U2.com subscription. Please be aware that some ticketing will be paperless – details on the ticketing site.

• Subscriber

Take care of this email and don't let anyone access this code who might use it against your wishes. It is for your personal use only and cannot be transferred/used by anyone else. All ticketing code use is audited and anyone found to be abusing presale privileges risks cancellation of ticket purchases and U2.com subscription. Please be aware that some ticketing will be paperless – details on the ticketing site.

Question on this - At least in the US shows, in the ticket type option there are 5 options: 

Red Hill Group Presale

VIP Party Package

VIP Gold Fan Package

VIP Silver Fan Package

RED Zone Package

They look like separate options and there isn't anything that seems to indicate you couldn't use your Fan Club code on one of the other options other than Red Hill Group Presale, so why would that be considered abuse for this guy?  To me it sounds like the VIP and most expensive packages are available to all fan members right away but all other options are available only to Red Hill subscribers.

I would think there are tons and tons of people that might have thought the same thing, got their tickets that way, and will be in a huge uproar if those tickets are taken back.

• Community Moderator

Question on this - At least in the US shows, in the ticket type option there are 5 options: 

Red Hill Group Presale

VIP Party Package

VIP Gold Fan Package

VIP Silver Fan Package

RED Zone Package

They look like separate options and there isn't anything that seems to indicate you couldn't use your Fan Club code on one of the other options other than Red Hill Group Presale, so why would that be considered abuse for this guy?  To me it sounds like the VIP and most expensive packages are available to all fan members right away but all other options are available only to Red Hill subscribers.

I would think there are tons and tons of people that might have thought the same thing, got their tickets that way, and will be in a huge uproar if those tickets are taken back.

Max's point was that the REDHILL codes were for yesterday and WIRES codes are for today.

• Subscriber

Yep I get that but again then why would it be separate like that?  Why wouldn't all options appear under the Red Hill Group Presale?  That's the confusing part to the ticket buyer.  It looks like all the VIP stuff is open right away to any fan club member (and apparently it was).

• Subscriber

I got the VIP gold package with my redhill code. But only one pair of seats was showing up. We are row 10. For almost $900 I hope we can see.

Ticketmaster kept giving me the excuse that they didn't have anymore. But I called around and found that scalpers had them!!! Before WIRE or public went on sale