Sign in to follow this  
Asterix

Sorry, no tickets from venue currently........ (MERGED)

Dear Larry

Many moons ago Ticketmaster messed up presales on the Vertigo tour.

You got involved and it got better. I have been trying to use my presales all day for Toronto and just get an error from the site saying 'unable to process please try later'

Strange thing is I managed to book and pay for my flights from London to Toronto no problem , that's 3 people at nearly 1.5k along with the electronic visa from the Canadian Government, no issues very happy.

Now it's just tickets I need, given it's now 8 hours into the presales I would imagine the only way I will get a ticket is via a tout, sorry Ticketmasters reseller site, Rock n Roll used to be fun.

So bit of a rant - will try and keep it short.

Ticketmaster. Why the hell are these still the #1 site bands use? My buying experience in the Wires pre-sale saw our reasonable seats go further back and further up as the site crashed during purchase phase a number of times. Instead of being above crowd level nr B-Stage, we are now middle tier, 3/4 down the stadium. NOT what we wanted.

We wanted Red Zone. Not available to pick on Ticketmaster.

However - there are PLENTY of tickets available on GetMeIn, Seatwave, ViaGoGo. This should not be allowed. AT ALL. These are PRESALE TICKETS and I understand U2.com are tracking these. However some of these sites are run by ... Ticketmaster, and when Ticketmaster says "there are no tickets", they then direct you to these reselling sites. Ticket touting is supposed to be illegal - yet TM do it?

My mate trying for GA at an alternative gig again in Wires pre-sale. Not had any availability all day since 9am. when he picked some that came up on Pitch 2 - site crashed. It's ten hours later and still nothing.

So - what is the value in getting access to pre-sale - if there is NO AVAILABILITY for pre-sale buyers? You can bet that GA will be made available to the public on Monday. As a subscriber we should get access to tickets IF THE TICKETS ARE THERE. That's what we pay a subscription for. Because we like the band THAT MUCH we spend $50 a year just for site access, and occasionally a pre-sale code.

If Tom can't get tickets until the public sale - his pre-sale code is effectively worthless.

We are both of the same opinion - the 2017 gift had better be bloody good after the stress Ticketmaster has ONCE AGAIN caused us today.

Vancouver was fine for me.  Like others have said on the board, try the TM app.  I was able to reject about five sets of tickets before deciding I'd settle for a corner section.  

I agree with you wholeheartedly! What, indeed, is the value of membership when availability is non-existent? I just checked StubHub for a Seattle, WA show in the US and general admission is going for $545 per ticket. 

I just looked and was easily able to get GA and other tix for Chicago. about 11:45 CST now.

Wow... So U2.com / TM f**k a lot of us over twice? First on long standing membership and then on when GAs are available. 

Make sense...but glad you got GA's!! 

I agree with you wholeheartedly! What, indeed, is the value of membership when availability is non-existent? I just checked StubHub for a Seattle, WA show in the US and general admission is going for $545 per ticket. 

I pulled Seattle GAs from TM just now. 

Completely agree. I've been to U2 shows in the past, but just paid the $50 subscription yesterday to make sure I could get GA tickets to Dallas. I was on at 9:00 this morning, got GA tix once, but there was an error and I lost them. Since then, I've only gotten choices for the upper deck. And, now Ticketmaster has apparently blocked my IP because it thinks I'm a bot since I've been trying all day to get tickets. One would think that the largest sports complex in the United States would have more tickets available. I'm sure they're holding tickets back for the general sale, which totally dilutes the presale.