Sorry, no tickets from venue currently........ (MERGED)

Asterix

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Subscriber

Just talked with a friend who is in the Wire group. It seems clear that the tickets made available to the WIRE subscribers was a much smaller pool of tickets than the RED HILL subscribers.

Or just a lot more recent subscribers in the Wires group trying for a comparable number of tickets.

• Subscriber

The band and Live Nation learned from the Vertigo presale debacle to NEVER guarantee tickets with the purchase of a fan club membership.

They only allocate X number of tickets for each presale as they have to leave some ticket inventory for the general onsale.

• Subscriber

OK Guys, I wanted to update my "experience" on this day.

CHICAGO - first, the presale was open early. This was definitely a glitch as I logged into the Chicago site at 8:30 EST and was able to access Wire presale. However, NO GA were given, only section 134. I decided to wait until 10PM and tor GA. 

10AM Happened and NO GA immediately into presale. This could have been because I had to click on storefronts for 90 SECONDS to BATTLE the BOTS. BS. Ended up with 224 / South Grandstand tickets, which I'm fine with, whatever. I've been on the floor of Soldier Field before and it's insane to get near the front. 

1020AM - So I happened to try my second 2 tickets in Cleveland. This was a glorious experience. Went to the site, entered code, Selected GA and got 2 tickets immediately (Still had to click storefronts for 90 SECONDS to BtB's. 

Any Chicago people who can't get GA, there may still be Cleveland available. 

So I suppose Cleveland does rock. 

So I suppose Cleveland does rock. 

• Subscriber

Presale opened at 9 EST and I bought the tickets just before 10 EST 

Ah, the time zone difference.  Makes sense.  We're you limited to your time zone for venues?  

Looks like the pre-sales opened at 9:00 am in the time zone of the venue.  9:00 EST for Cleveland, 9:00 CST for Chicago etc.

The Ticketmaster server is always clogged up and says no ticket are available in the early minutes of these big events. I've heard of people getting pre-sale tickets 8 hours after being told that no tickets are available initially. The tickets get stuck in the queues of the early shoppers and unfortunately the scalpers' bot programs. The many tickets that don't end up being purchased get tossed back into availability eventually.