Ticketmaster.ie Presale didn't start till 9:05 am & now no pitch tickets

irish_lad_sd

• Subscriber

I have been ready to take advantage of wires presale since early.

ticketmaster.ie did not update till 9:05 and now no pitch tickets are available. I went on the UK ticketmaster site too as the Irish was just a hold page and that was available for ticket purchases at 9 am.

But my account is with ticketmaster.ie so I was waiting till they went on sale there.

Irish fans always seem to get the short straw it would seem.

Edited by irish_lad_sd

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Ticketmaster gave me the option for Pitch 1 tickets today.  I clicked to buy them and get "Sorry, there was a problem loading the page". Tickets lost.  I try again and get offered Level 300 tickets.  I click to buy them. "Sorry, there was a problem loading the page".  Tickets lost.  Try again and get offered Level 700 tickets.  Click yes. Problem again.  Tickets lost. Now there is nothing available. 

I specifically bought a subscription so I could get something on this presale and ended up with nothing.  I gave the band $50 (which I was VERY hesitant to do as I think this sort of thing should be given to fans for free) ended up with nothing and got screwed by Ticketmaster.  Again. 

• Subscriber

Couldn't agree more.

There is no longer any advantage in joining the fan club since.

1. I was forced to buy seated tickets, since i believe that there were no tickets for pitch 1 or pitch 2 today. If i decided not to take the nosebleed seated tickets, then I may end up with no tickets next Monday.

2. I had the option to join the fan club at the same time as buying tickets, so i could just have joined today and if i couldn't get tickets, then don't bother joining

3. When tickets go on sale on Monday, people have the option to get 8 tickets and for pitch 1 or 2. Whereas according to Ticketmaster rules, i have already purchased and if i purchase again I risk having one or both purchases cancelled.

4. There will almost certainly be a second date announced on Monday, people who are not fan club members will have access to buy tickets for any extra dates at the same time as everyone else.

Meanwhile have a look at seatwave, and this is just the pitch 2 tickets. How has one seller got or expecting to get 10 tickets.

http://www.seatwave....17/perf/1093095

I will not be renewing my subscription, since U2/Ticketmaster are trying to move subscribers further away from the band at each tour.

• Subscriber

Can someone confirm if I am correct on point 3 above

3. When tickets go on sale on Monday, people have the option to get 8 tickets and for pitch 1 or 2. Whereas according to Ticketmaster rules, i have already purchased and if i purchase again I risk having one or both purchases cancelled.

I really don't want to sit on Level 300 watching my favourite band

• Subscriber

oh yeah, pitch 1 are now available, 1 hour and 40 minutes after they not being available.

but my code is used already

if i wait longer there may be pitch 2 tickets

if i wait even longer bono will invite me onstage in exchange for an unused subscription code.

not blaming u2,

Ticketmaster are the pits, run by business people who have no idea what it is like to attend music concerts

• Subscriber

After huge faffing and dozens and dozens of searches returning results saying that no tickets were available, searches for 'best available' then began returning results for Hogan and Cusack 'gods' only..... so I kept searching and eventually got P2 tickets. Took about 80 minutes. Just keep trying. Frigging U2 presales..... always a f****** mess.