Whats the story on the collector ticket

StaggerLee

• Subscriber

You do need your credit card that you purchased them with.

How did you confirm this? I didn't see any mention that pitch tickets are CC entry. It specifically says CC for a lot of other venues, but I didn't see it for Croke Park.

With u2comteam

Hmm that is frustrating. It did not state this anywhere on ticketmaster.ie for Croke Park. I bought a pitch 1 ticket because I couldn't find a pitch 2 ticket. Then after another hour passed, I was able to pull a pitch 2 ticket so I bought it with the hopes of being able to sell the pitch 1 ticket. If it's tied to my credit card, this is a major problem.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

After digging around, I'm fairly certain CC is not required for pitch tickets at Croke Park. GA ticket confirmations floating around online contain dispatch information even for non-collector's tickets. The ticket is how you gain entry. There are no CC restrictions noted.

I believe they would have had to explicity state CC entry on the Croke Park ticketmaster.ie page, which they did not.

• Community Moderator

After digging around, I'm fairly certain CC is not required for pitch tickets at Croke Park. GA ticket confirmations floating around online contain dispatch information even for non-collector's tickets. The ticket is how you gain entry. There are no CC restrictions noted.

I believe they would have had to explicity state CC entry on the Croke Park ticketmaster.ie page, which they did not.

Feel free to check with Croke Park.  I'm just telling you what I was told.

• Community Moderator

And let us know what they say.

• Subscriber

From what i understood, the collector ticket is just a souvenir. 

I only realised half way through the purchase, but i think that is all it is.

I am expecting to get 4 regular paper tickets and 4 laminates (collector tickets)

I hope i am correct as i don't want to take laminates into the gig with me

• Subscriber

Just to quote www.ticketmaster.ie

================================

Ticket+U2.com Subscription+Collector Ticket at 5.95 per ticket (Max 4)

Ticket Price listed will have an additional 50euro added for the u2.com subscription and 5.95euro added for the Collector Ticket.Exclusive Collector Tickets are available for this event! Buy a limited edition Collector Ticket which gives you access to the event thanks to its unique barcode. For only an additional 5.95 per ticket, you will receive a special plastic credit card sized 'Collector Ticket' with lanyard to keep and treasure as a memento of the event.

Still not sure though if i get a regular ticket and the collector ticket, or just the collector ticket.

But from looking at the above, it looks like i don't need to bring my credit card, the only mention of credit card is that it is the same size

• Subscriber

If the ticket is paperless, we wouldn't be charged additional € for secure delivery and we wouldn't got an info when will those tickets arrived to our addresses. And like ddcpitt had already mentioned, paperless ticket info would be all over Ticketmaster.ie. When I was buying GA tickets for 3Arena in 2015 it was clearly stated that the tickets are paperless, so I am sure they would apply the same policy now as well. I am 100% sure that the ticket is a hard, paper one. Having said that, I highly doubt that you would need to produce your credit card alongside your paper ticket at the entry. Who on earth will have the time to scan your ticket AND check your credit card for all those thousands of people in the line? In the 3Arena (where there was much less people) they didn't check ID's even though it was clearly stated that the credit cards are being scanned AND matching ID's will be checked, because simply in reality no one has the time to do that... And collectors ticket is just a souvenir, if you have ordered it, you should be receiving two tickets, the real one and the collectors one. 

• Subscriber

collector tickets are laminated "lanyards" with a barcode on them so they do get you access to the gig.

So you can walk around with the lanyard hanging around your neck and other people will think you're VIP. Unless they know that you can pay a fiver to pretend to be a VIP. ;-)

• Subscriber

Just to quote www.ticketmaster.ie

Ticket+U2.com Subscription+Collector Ticket at 5.95 per ticket (Max 4)

Ticket Price listed will have an additional 50euro added for the u2.com subscription and 5.95euro added for the Collector Ticket.Exclusive Collector Tickets are available for this event! Buy a limited edition Collector Ticket which gives you access to the event thanks to its unique barcode. For only an additional 5.95 per ticket, you will receive a special plastic credit card sized 'Collector Ticket' with lanyard to keep and treasure as a memento of the event.

Still not sure though if i get a regular ticket and the collector ticket, or just the collector ticket.

But from looking at the above, it looks like i don't need to bring my credit card, the only mention of credit card is that it is the same size

The "lanyard" collector ticket with the barcode on it is all you need. That is all that gets scanned when you have these tickets.

• Subscriber

I heard that there's been some issues with collectors tickets on entry as the machines are not reading the bar codes properly. I'm hoping this is wrong. Hope there's a paper ticket too but I doubt it.

Edited by utwothefly