Where are you staying ?

shack1

• Subscriber

So...now everyone has got their tickets (or not..), where is everyone staying ?

I looked on booking.com on Tuesday and there was very little city centre accommodation < €300 a night for a double/twin.  Some really silly prices or just plain booked.

I got a guest house/hotel for €239 on Parnell Square, which is just a ten minute walk to the stadium and ten minutes walk the opposite direction to the city centre.

I feel a Guinness-a-thon of a weekend coming on :D

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Booked hotels as soon as date announced to avoid hike and sold out. Paid around £100 for decent place.

Wife booked 2 rooms for 2 night at £150 a night, total of around £600 non refundable..............................we still haven't got tickets yet  :wacko: 

• Subscriber

As soon as I saw the dates announced I booked a hotel through bookings with free cancellation (just in case) for EUR 180 pr night.  When I checked the same hotel a few hours later the price had gone up to EUR 250 pr night!

As I'm going to spend 4 nights in Dublin the few extra Euro pr. night make a big difference! :)

• Subscriber

After much deliberation, I have decided to stay in my own home. Ten minutes walk to venue.

That's funny. I'm jealous!

Just booked Maldron Parnell Square -- did the "Advance Pay" option for €271 a night, July 21 and 22.

I'll need to forego eating, paying bills, etc., but at least I found a place to stay.

• Subscriber

on the last tour i went 2 nights in a row and took a 3hr bus ride home and 3hrs back the following morning just to avoid hotel prices.

If you are a tourist. I would well recommend taking the bus multiple times back and forth overnight to Cork or Belfast just to avoid the mad crazy hotel prices.

• Subscriber

After much deliberation, I have decided to stay in my own home. Ten minutes walk to venue.

That's funny. I'm jealous!

Just booked Maldron Parnell Square -- did the "Advance Pay" option for €271 a night, July 21 and 22.

I'll need to forego eating, paying bills, etc., but at least I found a place to stay.

I paid in advance too before we'd even got tickets so it was do or die to get the tickets this morning!

Archived