Where are you staying ?

shack1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Well I heard the Leeson Lodge was the place to be as Bono was dropping in past for a late night sing along after the concert * :o 

* This may be a made up in my desperation to offload my 2 rooms :P:lol: 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Okay getting closer now, I will consider sensible offers for these two rooms, someone is going to get a bargain weekend in Dublin in the busiest weekend of the year at my expense , Id rather it was a genuine fan going to the concert than just some tourist wanting to do Dublin, so whats your best offers? 2 rooms for 2 nights

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 9:21 AM, spongebob said:

Rooms gone, hotel are giving us half our money back but had the two rooms re booked in less than a day. Oh well £300 down the toilet :( Onward and upward to Twickenham!

awesome offer SB...wish we had seen it sooner. Got our rooms but friends were still looking.

• Subscriber

**** HOTEL AVAILABLE **

How is this for irony ?!:mellow:

We have friends joining us and just locked into renting an apartment that will accommodate us all.

SO.... WE HAVE A ROOM FROM JULY 21 TO JULY 25 AVAILABLE AT :

BEST WESTERN PLUS ACADEMY PLAZA HOTEL, OFF O'CONNEL ST. WELL REVIEWED SPOT.

IT'S A ROOM WITH TWO SINGLE BEDS

OUR COST FOR THE 4 NIGHTS IS $961.60 US

IS THIS USEFUL TO ANYONE HERE ? IF SO, WE WOULD GO WITH YOU TO ENSURE EASY CHECK IN.

Email me with questions....

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 11:09 AM, economicformula said:

**** HOTEL AVAILABLE **

How is this for irony ?!:mellow:

We have friends joining us and just locked into renting an apartment that will accommodate us all.

SO.... WE HAVE A ROOM FROM JULY 21 TO JULY 25 AVAILABLE AT :

BEST WESTERN PLUS ACADEMY PLAZA HOTEL, OFF O'CONNEL ST. WELL REVIEWED SPOT.

IT'S A ROOM WITH TWO SINGLE BEDS

OUR COST FOR THE 4 NIGHTS IS $961.60 US

IS THIS USEFUL TO ANYONE HERE ? IF SO, WE WOULD GO WITH YOU TO ENSURE EASY CHECK IN.

Email me with questions....

A couple of generic questions asked and answered re timing of securing room vs payment.

We will check you in first, then receive payment in local currency, US or CDN dollars.

• Subscriber

Getting things sorted as the grand day approaches.

Brother n sister n law - train from Belfast to Dubs, staying near the station - they're startin early.

Us - car from da north to a hotel on da outskirts - tea time arrival. Us, taxi to top of O'connell st.

Meetin the family at MURRAYS!

WALK ON!;)

• Subscriber
On 1/13/2017 at 0:43 PM, Heather S said:

I booked the moment it was announced just to be on safe side! But was still expensive. We are staying on a barge! It's called Dublin Barge Hire and we get the whole barge to ourselves, you can even cruise it down a short stretch of the canal if you want but doubt we will after hubby has been on Guinness fest~a~thon. It was about €550 euros I think for the whole boat and was cheaper to book directly with them. I also booked a hotel nearer to Croke Park called Castle hotel as it's only 0.6 miles away. I have had some problems with mobility and wanted to ensure (if there any problems) I also had opportunity to be closer. It's got free cancellation so I'll have to make my decision a few weeks before...fingers crossed we will be good for the barge as we are staying 3 nights and will be brilliant.! I could see how accommodation rocketed shortly after it was announced. If I lived there I would give up rooms for fellow fans!

Steeped you are! Grand Canal Dock is where HQ is. Also site of Gloria video.