Still cant get in :(

blueandgoldfan

• Subscriber

I wound up in 126, row 3, at the $155 price tier (during the Red Hill sale yesterday).  I was really surprised by that; in order to figure out what the tiers were between the $35 and $280 prices TM was showing as the range, I checked the Pittsburgh on-sale on Eastern Time to see what kind of area you could get for what price.  In Pittsburgh, the $155 lower bowl tickets were on the sideline about 2/3 of the way back, while $100 tickets were at the far end from the stage.  Yet in Dallas, when sticking to the lower bowl, the $155 was at the far end (126 is at the corner), while the $280 tickets go almost all the way down the sideline. I'm really surprised the site maps didn't match closer between venues.

Technically speaking, these are the most expensive, yet also the most distant, seats I've ever had for a U2 show, going back to 1997 (I've been at least once to every tour except I+E, which I couldn't get to last year).

Still, I looked at the "virtual view" (for football, as that's the only one they have) from our seats on the stadium's own website, and I can't complain one bit right now. 

Edited by SpoonyC

• Subscriber

I wound up in 126, row 3, at the $155 price tier (during the Red Hill sale yesterday).  I was really surprised by that; in order to figure out what the tiers were between the $35 and $280 prices TM was showing as the range, I checked the Pittsburgh on-sale on Eastern Time to see what kind of area you could get for what price.  In Pittsburgh, the $155 lower bowl tickets were on the sideline about 2/3 of the way back, while $100 tickets were at the far end from the stage.  Yet in Dallas, when sticking to the lower bowl, the $155 was at the far end (126 is at the corner), while the $280 tickets go almost all the way down the sideline. I'm really surprised the site maps didn't match closer between venues.

Technically speaking, these are the most expensive, yet also the most distant, seats I've ever had for a U2 show, going back to 1997 (I've been at least once to every tour except I+E, which I couldn't get to last year).

Still, I looked at the "virtual view" (for football, as that's the only one they have) from our seats on the stadium's own website, and I can't complain one bit right now. 

Should be a great show! I'm also in section 126, row 13.  Tried for GA, but couldn't get them. I guess it's just as well because my wife (who usually doesn't like going with me to shows but wants to go to this) said she absolutely does not want to do GA. 

• Subscriber

So since I was bored at work yesterday, to kill time about 330 I tried TM again just to see what it would do. Punched it in once, and just like that 2 GA's came up. I didnt realize that TM would release batches that late after 9am. As frustrating as they have been for me in the past, I have to give them credit for canceling my other order of nose bleeds quickly and easily. I'm a happy U2er today!

Cheers!