Boston, MA tickets-is this OK?

• Subscriber

Hi all,

I had a rough time getting pre-sale tickets for Boston as I am sure everyone else did too. I ended up with tickets in the 300 section, so I got those even though they were more expensive than expected. I now have 2 people in my group that can't spend that much so I have 2 extra tickets.(gotta love that, huh?)Anyways,TM is saying I can't do much except sell them but here are the issues: I didn't think they could be re-sold and if I did sell through TM they want to tack on a commissions fee to whoever buys them! I don't want anyone to have to pay more than face value so I don't want to do that.

So, does anyone know what the rule actually is for re-sale? I just don't trust TM.

P.S.- hope this post is ok.

Thanks for any feedback.

• Subscriber

***UPDATE***

TM is saying that I can re-sell the tickets through them. If I don't want the buyer to pay more than face value then I have to take a hit on the sale price,so I guess that's the option. (These were not CC entry tickets they said) I miss the old days I tell ya!

• Subscriber

Boston is my closest venue. But my hate for the Patriots runs so deep that I refuse to go to any event that benefits Gillette Stadium. I'm headed to NY instead.

Good luck selling your extras.

Edited by newsman
  • Subscriber

Boston is my closest venue. But my hate for the Patriots runs so deep that I refuse to go to any event that benefits Gillette Stadium. I'm headed to NY instead.

Good luck selling your extras.

That's why some people say that Connecticut isn't part of New England  :rolleyes:  

• Subscriber

Hi all,

I had a rough time getting pre-sale tickets for Boston as I am sure everyone else did too. I ended up with tickets in the 300 section, so I got those even though they were more expensive than expected. I now have 2 people in my group that can't spend that much so I have 2 extra tickets.(gotta love that, huh?)Anyways,TM is saying I can't do much except sell them but here are the issues: I didn't think they could be re-sold and if I did sell through TM they want to tack on a commissions fee to whoever buys them! I don't want anyone to have to pay more than face value so I don't want to do that.

So, does anyone know what the rule actually is for re-sale? I just don't trust TM.

P.S.- hope this post is ok.

Thanks for any feedback.

Once the regular sale has started the mods will open up a ticket want/have/ need section for trading tickets or selling them at face value (including fees). That might be an option for you to avoid giving ticketsatan more money. I've used it before and it has worked out fine. I had 2 extra GAs for Dallas at 360 and I offered them up. A Zootopia subscriber and her friend from Austin drove up for the show and gave me face value for the tickets. It was all friendly and good.

• Subscriber

This is frustrating, I signed up for the U2 membership to get the pre-sale codes but ended up in 300ish level seats.  At 9am today, The Lumineers fansite will be pre-selling too, some people are talking from the Fansite that there will be more chances of getting better seats there instead of U2.com which is annoying coz we already got 4 tix in the 300 level seats.

• 2 weeks later...