Why do I keep buying a membership for presale access?

ruffian114

• Subscriber

A few years ago couldn't get anything in the presale and had to go through the general.

This year I in theory brought tickets a page did come up saying order submitted or something like that, but I haven't gotten an e-mail confirmation and nothing shows up in my order history, so I have no idea if I have tickets or not. 

• Subscriber

Log into your Ticketmaster account and under orders you should see if you have tickets or not. Check your credit card statement to see if you were charged. If you purchase tickets and your order goes through TM will email you a confirmation, check your spam/junk mail folder, make sure your email address on file is current and correct. I can't see how it is difficult to be able to tell if an order went through or not. Remember though, with regards to your thread heading, getting tickets early is only a perk of the fan club, they clearly state its not a guarantee.

• Subscriber

I am imagining the order didn't go through as it is still now showing up under my order history. However, I don't know why I was then shown a page that said the order was submitted. I had hoped they were just delayed in updating my order history.

And I do realize that tickets aren't a guarantee but I brought a membership hoping for the best and am now wondering why I did this as it appears a ticketmaster glitch has prevented me from getting tickets. Worse I have tried going back and buying tickets again if I don't enter my presale information I can find tickets but I need to buy a membership to buy them, which I don't want to do as I already have a membership. If I enter in my presale code no tickets are available. It has to be realized that a lot of people buy memberships for presale access and $50 is not a small amount of money for me. It is one thing if the tickets sell out before we have a chance to get them, but to be prevented from getting tickets because of system glitches I would like to think I have a right to be frustrated. 

• Subscriber

I am imagining the order didn't go through as it is still now showing up under my order history. However, I don't know why I was then shown a page that said the order was submitted. I had hoped they were just delayed in updating my order history.

And I do realize that tickets aren't a guarantee but I brought a membership hoping for the best and am now wondering why I did this as it appears a ticketmaster glitch has prevented me from getting tickets. Worse I have tried going back and buying tickets again if I don't enter my presale information I can find tickets but I need to buy a membership to buy them, which I don't want to do as I already have a membership. If I enter in my presale code no tickets are available. It has to be realized that a lot of people buy memberships for presale access and $50 is not a small amount of money for me. It is one thing if the tickets sell out before we have a chance to get them, but to be prevented from getting tickets because of system glitches I would like to think I have a right to be frustrated. 

You are "imagining" the order didn't go through as you stated. I think you need to find out first 100% if your order did or did not go through, that in my opinion is where you need to start. Once you find that out you can try again if you didn't get tickets, and if you didn't, your code should still be valid, just make sure you type it in exactly as it appears as it is "case sensitive". If possible you may want to call Ticketmaster although getting a live person is like pulling teeth. If you have an order # of any kind give it to them explain what is going on and have them verify if OR if not your order went through.