Desert of Our Love

kiss_the_sky

• Subscriber

I won't turn this into song request #2, but I would like to discuss it. My first question is, well, quite simply, is it a song? I think we'd all agree the answer to that question is a definite "yes." It has both music and words, and a distinctive beat. I guess the next question is whether it's a song U2 can and/or will perform. I think they could perform it. I mean, u2 could easily recreate or approximate what they did in this video. But will they? I'm gonna say they dust it off at least once. Edge said in one interview that he doesn't want the setlist to be driven by uber fans and be filled with obscure songs. This doesn't bode well for this song. But I could see them giving it a shot at least one time.

In my humble opinion, it is one of the group's best songs you've never heard. It immediately grabs your attention, and the apparent spontaneity keeps you hooked. It also brings us all deep into the initial stages of the song creation process, since we are told this tune eventually became I Still Haven't Found. I don't hear much similarity between the two songs. Maybe you do.

What say you?

Alright
Hand of gold in the hot day
In the door and out then
The devil in the night
I feel love's alright

Going in the cold and going in the same
Born in the love with the light again
I believe in the love
I'm up again, alright

Alright
Come there, the darkest love then
All alone in the darkest night
I'm in real love
I feel love in the song
One more verse

Meet me in the door in the desert
In the morning I am
In there in the door, in love
Feeling in the stars and the love, believe it

All the love and all in the day
Feeling in my power in my love
Say it's in all the day, all the day
Gonna be in the garden in the sky
Oh yeah

Alright
And the desert of our love
And the desert of our love
And the feeling in the sand
When the poor man then

Go in the door, door feel me
Go inside, kneel down
I feel love in the song
Chorus

Ahh, feel in the love, I love ya
Go in the soul, ooo
Bird in the sky, bird in the rain
Going the field in my heart
In my sight, believe me
Bird in the song
Love
Bass and drums

• Subscriber

I don't know.....As far as I'm concerned....U2 should play everything.......Known Songs, Outtakes, B-sides, riffs, half-riffs....I think Edge doesn't want to admit that it's very hard to re-create that kind of spontaneous  mood  their early album-sessions songs  have....Plus he might not remember those specific chords.....So he puts out this uber-fans, obscure songs joke.....

Edited by pain_18_

• Subscriber

I don't know.....As far as I'm concerned....U2 should play everything.......Known Songs, Outtakes, B-sides, riffs, half-riffs....I think Edge doesn't want to admit that it's very hard to re-create that kind of spontaneous  mood  their early album-sessions songs  have....Plus he might not remember those specific chords.....So he puts out this uber-fans, obscure songs joke.....

I'm with you. I enjoy the 20th anniversary collection. It meshes well with the original 11.

• Subscriber

I'm gonna take this opportunity to say that I'd really love to hear them try " Sweetest Thing " live with the Very Early Version arrangement...... And The Achtung Baby mega-bomb : " Blow Your House Down ".....

Wait. Wait. if we're gonna talk AB outtakes, HEAVEN AND HELL, doo wop version!!

:  )