Have to Count - the new and improved one :P

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

42 811 all sorted job in the bag.I start a week on Monday. Can't wait to hand my notice in at my old job tomorrow. ☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

44, 267 - THREE MORE SLEEPS TO MANCHESTER!!! 

43 981.all sorted trains booked and paid for.i can't believe how fast the tour is coming around.????

Posted Images

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Malahide said:

39068 The best track on Pop for me is If God Will Send His Angels. I'd love to hear it live, but it needs some reworking.

39 072 The single version is heavily reworked :) and much better it is too

:IGWSHA:

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Frankaz said:

39 072 The single version is heavily reworked :) and much better it is too

:IGWSHA:

39 073  Not much better (but definitely great, really love it) imho.......Just different (sadly shorter).....I think the album version is pretty heavy on its own.......I turn it up to 11 to hear Bono scat-singing at the end too.....

Sorry if other people can't hear what I hear in *POP*... I've always heard stuff that other didn't.....I can't understand how people don't realise that everything U2 did at the time was very creative and inspired....Even if Bono's voice was affected by problems (if he wouldn't have confessed in U2byU2, I 'd never have known).......You really can't tell....I think it's great...

.However nowadays, when he sounds bad, you can really tell......

Edited by pain_18_
  • Subscriber

39 074 Chill. If God Will Send His Angels was re-arranged in 1997 for the single release. It is better - the scat singing at the end gets more meaning and an improved song structure too.

It's not like we're praising the awful Mike Hedges remixes from the Best Of 1990-2000 album. (Staring At The Sun sounds so turgid on there -awful!)

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Frankaz said:

39 074 Chill. If God Will Send His Angels was re-arranged in 1997 for the single release. It is better - the scat singing at the end gets more meaning and an improved song structure too.

It's not like we're praising the awful Mike Hedges remixes from the Best Of 1990-2000 album. (Staring At The Sun sounds so turgid on there -awful!)

Well deserved point !!! :IGWSHA:Love that scat-singing at the end and the different synth-passages and the guitar is even more crystal clear, if that's possible (and it is!!!!)

.....My major objection is actually that some verses are left out.......

If this is what they were going for....Then how great would Pop have been, given that it's great anyway ???  Guess we'll never know.....

39  075

Edited by pain_18_