Have to Count - the new and improved one :P

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, padawanbeck84 said:

40, 423 - £20 is 1/3 of the way to a GA ticket :) I will put it in the bank - otherwise there's a risk I'd spend it on yet more Star Wars comics :lol:

I hear that !!!!!  40  424  .... I have to contain myself to not spend my money on books and cds until SOE comes out.... SOE comes first.....Says the person who has already ordered two cds....LOL>..

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

42 811 all sorted job in the bag.I start a week on Monday. Can't wait to hand my notice in at my old job tomorrow. ☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

44, 286 - Home now. What a show! Still can't quite believe I made it to the rail. Had a great view and the setlist was almost like they'd picked it from my list of favourites...  The minute's app

43 165 Looks like TM is gonna fix my credit card issues  they got my new card number now 

Posted Images

• Subscriber

40, 425 - This is where the library comes in handy - I can borrow books instead of buying them. And most of the music I listen to isn't easily available in the UK so my CD buying is limited at the moment anyway.

Maybe that's the universe's way of trying to help me save money, by making me like Australian and Latin American artists who most people over here have never heard of :lol:

• Subscriber
59 minutes ago, padawanbeck84 said:

40, 425 - This is where the library comes in handy - I can borrow books instead of buying them. And most of the music I listen to isn't easily available in the UK so my CD buying is limited at the moment anyway.

Maybe that's the universe's way of trying to help me save money, by making me like Australian and Latin American artists who most people over here have never heard of :lol:

Tell me more...abut those artists...I'm curious !!!  40  426

Edited by pain_18_
  • Subscriber

40, 431 - I can tell you now that I'm awake :D  

Favourite Australian bands/artists: Powderfinger - rock band from Brisbane, I was lucky enough to see them live in 2010 on what turned out to be their final UK tour as they split up later that year. Their lead singer Bernard Fanning has released several solo albums and I've got a very kind friend who sent me one of the CDs from Australia when I couldn't find it in the UK. 

Grinspoon - Another Aussie rock band, but still going. Found them through a recommendation from another Aussie friend (The Powderfinger website forum had it's regulars just like we do here in the Zoo :)). Fair warning: Their songs tend to be a bit sweary, so maybe not a good idea to listen in front of small children or parents :lol:

Birds of Tokyo - Another Aussie rock band - also still going and their style is more varied, from rock to more electronic-type stuff. 

As for the Latin artists, I have to recommend Juanes. Been a fan for 10 years, he's a rock singer who has been described as a Colombian equivalent to Bono - albeit without the sunglasses. His latest album is more of a pop/electronic style - and includes his first full song in English. He also used to be lead singer in a band called Ekhymosis, whose style varied from metal to pop/rock.

El Sueno de Morfeo - I can thank Formula 1 for helping me discover them as their lead singer was previously married to Fernando Alonso. They're a rock band whose first two albums in particular also had a Celtic, folky element as well which I quite like. 

David Bisbal - Spanish pop singer, originally found through a TV show in 2001/02, but has established a really good career. Yes, quite a few of the songs are a bit cheesy, especially the earlier stuff, but his third album, Premonicion really rocked things up nicely. He's played two concerts in the UK, but I haven't been able to get to either of them :(

That's a small taste of my non-U2 music. 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, padawanbeck84 said:

40, 431 - I can tell you now that I'm awake :D  

Favourite Australian bands/artists: Powderfinger - rock band from Brisbane, I was lucky enough to see them live in 2010 on what turned out to be their final UK tour as they split up later that year. Their lead singer Bernard Fanning has released several solo albums and I've got a very kind friend who sent me one of the CDs from Australia when I couldn't find it in the UK. 

Grinspoon - Another Aussie rock band, but still going. Found them through a recommendation from another Aussie friend (The Powderfinger website forum had it's regulars just like we do here in the Zoo :)). Fair warning: Their songs tend to be a bit sweary, so maybe not a good idea to listen in front of small children or parents :lol:

Birds of Tokyo - Another Aussie rock band - also still going and their style is more varied, from rock to more electronic-type stuff. 

As for the Latin artists, I have to recommend Juanes. Been a fan for 10 years, he's a rock singer who has been described as a Colombian equivalent to Bono - albeit without the sunglasses. His latest album is more of a pop/electronic style - and includes his first full song in English. He also used to be lead singer in a band called Ekhymosis, whose style varied from metal to pop/rock.

El Sueno de Morfeo - I can thank Formula 1 for helping me discover them as their lead singer was previously married to Fernando Alonso. They're a rock band whose first two albums in particular also had a Celtic, folky element as well which I quite like. 

David Bisbal - Spanish pop singer, originally found through a TV show in 2001/02, but has established a really good career. Yes, quite a few of the songs are a bit cheesy, especially the earlier stuff, but his third album, Premonicion really rocked things up nicely. He's played two concerts in the UK, but I haven't been able to get to either of them :(

That's a small taste of my non-U2 music. 

I love Juanes and David Bisbal !!!!!   40  432

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, pain_18_ said:

I love Juanes and David Bisbal !!!!!   40  432

40, 433 - YAY!!!! :D :D :D 

None of my family or friends even know who they are. They look at me like I'm mad for liking music that's not in English :( They don't appreciate that music is a *great* way to help with learning languages.

Anyway, I have to log off now. Need to get ready for my library shift :)