jenmusic

Have to Count - the new and improved one :P

12 hours ago, Frankaz said:

45414 Doesn't matter how many times the emails go round at work, one of my colleagues still coughs and sneezes into the open air. At least 5 people have caught his cough because of this...

45416 - I counted two coughing children and two coughing adults at work today. Crazy how far people's hygiene has fallen! 

And the government's response has been useless, especially compared to other countries. Maybe this will be what finally ends the Tories at the next election.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, peterferris8 said:

45416 - I counted two coughing children and two coughing adults at work today. Crazy how far people's hygiene has fallen! 

And the government's response has been useless, especially compared to other countries. Maybe this will be what finally ends the Tories at the next election.

45, 417 - We can but hope. In my local area, our MP (a Tory) has been spreading what is *known* to be fake information and "guidance" via her social media account :angry: Talk about irresponsible! 

All being well, I'm going book-shopping tomorrow. Hopefully it will be a nice, relaxing respite from all of this.

At least if I need to quarantine myself, I have plenty of reading material to keep me occupied :)

Edited by padawanbeck84
Adding another sentence

45 418 just got lost for a while and almost didn’t find my way back 😳

....so the lesson is DON’T LEAVE ❤️

45, 419 - Counting and trying to relax after a stressful morning at the library. 

It was fine until some teens came in from the school next door. They got verbally abusive when all I did was politely ask them to turn their music off.

Sweary rap songs are not appropriate in a library :angry:  

Posted (edited)

45420 We have five casualties by now as a result of the corona crisis. But people do stay or work at home as is advised. The streets are almost empty. 

Edited by Malahide

45421 The Corona death toll here has doubled to ten

• Sad 1

45421 - Our idiot PM has been his idiot self again today, making an announcement that recommends that theatres shut but not explicitly issuing a shutdown order. This is bad because it means that these venues won't be able to claim insurance for the time of closure because they were advised rather than ordered. The Dome, which is one of Brighton's biggest venues, has just announced it's temporarily closed. 

My work have issued some new cleaning protocols but they haven't given us any clarity on the bigger questions - IE should we be expecting a shutdown order? If we get shut down are we going to get compensated with sickpay? 

This gets more and more stressful with each passing day.

45, 423 - @peterferris8 Typical Tories for you - many businesses (especially small ones) etc are struggling as it is, but they don't care. On the upside, seeing all the bookshops etc supporting each other on social media is lovely. 

I've been to the library today, but we don't know how much longer we'll be staying open either. The lack of clarity is annoying - especially when you see the rest of Europe being decisive and acting quickly. 

At least this gives me an excuse to waive late fines for people :lol: I never like having to fine anyone, but having to quarantine for health reasons clearly qualifies as "extenuating circumstances" as to why you might not be able to return books on time.

45424 - Just saw that Glastonbury's been cancelled, less than a week after they announced the lineup. Bad times.

45, 425 - Our local libraries are closing from Friday, so now I really will be at home full-time. 

At least I will finally be able to read my current pile of library books... although it's going to be a nightmare when we re-open and have everyone returning them all at the same time :lol: