jenmusic

Have to Count - the new and improved one :P

On 3/13/2020 at 9:11 AM, padawanbeck84 said:

45, 415 - That is awful :o I don't suppose he can be made to work in a separate room or something? Or at least see if your boss can have a quiet word with him about not spreading illness. *Especially* when people are going to be worried about those kind of symptoms.

45 426 Well from Yesterday onwards we've all been working from home...

So at least he can't infect anyone else!

Not liking working from home though. I miss the social interaction, even though I don't like people! :D

• Like 1

45, 427 - Saturday morning and I have finished one book from my library pile. One lady came into the library yesterday and borrowed 29 books before we had to shut. That's one kind of stockpiling I *can* appreciate :D (Our local authority had doubled the amount people can borrow).

It's a nice sunny day here, but trying to get some fresh air in the garden is being hampered by our neighbour stinking the place out with some less-than-legal cigarettes :wacko: 

45 428

I had the opposite last week. Too much work. My job is considered essential. The manufacturing, delivery, and grocery industries are working extra over here in the U.S..

Where I live we haven't been hit hard by illness yet, but economically those who have been disenfranchised will be feeling the pinch.

45, 429 - My area had our first death yesterday :( We've not had a huge amount of confirmed cases locally, but then not everyone is able to get tested. It feels like our government is dithering and indecisive - and a worrying amount of people are not respecting instructions to stay at home. 

• Sad 1

45 430

People are taking it very seriously around my area. Most stores are closed, except corner stores, pharmacies, & groceries. A few restaurants for take-out. Our library is closed too, which I'm sad to say. If. I lived near you, Padawan you'd see me every week. (except I admit I'm taking out 📀.)

45 431

It's weird how things are accelerating & slowing down, but the human experience presents its challenges. Grief is the worst Prayers for those who have lost some one.🙏

45, 432 - Counting before I go and make myself some lunch. At least being at home is meaning I keep to regular mealtimes. And making me aware of how much I normally snack between meals :o 

I'm doing my best to cut down on that so that the supplies will last longer.

45, 433 - Night-time counting and the UK is now on full-on lockdown. I'm normally deeply disorganised, but am now planning how to make the food and drink we have in the house last as long as we can. It's weird. My Dad is sitting watching TV, not really paying attention to the news and I'm the one trying to be organised to deal with it. 

I had my regular comics delivered to my house today, so that's some entertainment sorted :)

• Like 1

45 434

I'm back on the morrow.

Feeling more balanced after watching Kelly Brogan MD. Her theories on healing & her perspective resonate with my own experience & understanding.  

I am concerned with the implications of a government lockdown, although I still see the benefits of people slowing down.

45, 435 - We are allowed out once a day if we need to do shopping/other essential things, but the main aim is to stop the virus spreading. Our hospitals are struggling to cope as it is, so by staying at home, we keep ourselves and others out of danger. At least there's finally time to get the gardening done :lol:

The thing that brings home the scale of it all is that some of our major entertainment and sports venues are now being turned into temporary hospitals :o It's weird to see, but necessary.

China and South Korea seem to have their cases under control, so that's a good sign.