Have to Count - the new and improved one :P

jenmusic

• Subscriber

45, 636 -  @Frankaz The problem is that *everyone* will probably pile outside and make places overcrowded (again)  :(  Although, if all goes well, I might be able to spend some time with my best friend for my birthday in a few months' time. Fingers crossed. 

Excited counting as today is the first Grand Prix of the new F1 season :D 

• Subscriber

45637 Since last Saturday we are in the third lockdown as a result of corona. It lasts for four weeks. This time I was just in time to have a haircuit before

the hairdressers closed their doors. After the previous lockdown and eleven weeks without a haircut looked like a clochard. :o

• Sad 1

• Subscriber

45, 638 - I hope the lockdown works and the situation improves soon @Malahide  And that you stay safe and well. 

Our local GP surgery has rung me this morning to make a vaccination appointment, so I shall be at least partially protected by the end of the week :)  I wasn't even aware I was eligible, but I think it's because I'm being assessed by the local autism centre. They count autistic people among the priority groups for vaccination and may well be extending it to those of us still being assessed, as a precautionary measure.  

• Subscriber

45639 The vaccination in Great Britain seems to go very fast. Much faster than here in Belgium. Not even fifteen percent of the population here has got a shot in the arm by now.

• Sad 1

• Subscriber

45, 640 - @Malahide Around half of our population have had a first dose, although there's a larger gap than normal (currently 12 weeks) between first and second doses, so there's not that many people who have had the second dose to be fully protected yet - mainly only the very elderly and clinically vulnerable. 

The thinking is to give as many people as possible at least partial protection as quickly as possible. It seems to be working so far. Our government may be a mess, but our health service is brilliant at these kinds of things :)

Apparently my town/local area is motoring through vaccinating everyone very quickly, so they may well have reached us 30-somethings already. Although I worry about some people refusing the jab. My sister is in her 40s and given the conspiracy stuff she was spouting last time I had any contact with her, it wouldn't surprise me if she's refused it :(  

But it's good seeing my social media fill up with friends having their vaccines. We even get a sticker :D

• Like 1

• Subscriber

45, 641 - Morning counting. I didn't sleep much last night - I had some minor side effects from the Covid jab, cold chills and shivering a lot, but I'm feeling better this morning. 

Hopefully that's as bad as the side effects will get. Some of my friends have had cold/flu-like symptoms for a couple of days afterward, but I seem to have avoided that so far.

• Subscriber

45, 643 - We had a few odd flakes of snow this morning, along with some hailstones, but only for a few minutes. Apart from that, it's been a lovely warm, sunny day. 

Let's see if the snow reaches over here in the next day or so. Could cause mayhem if it does - most things shut down if we get even the slightest bit of snow :rolleyes:

And I didn't have any other side-effects from the vaccination. 

• Like 1