Tickets unsellable and untradable!

bchamberlin

• Community Moderator

Anyone know if there is a lottery system for GA early entry or will it be first come first serve? when will guidelines be published?

At this moment it is unknown. More info will be made available closer to the shows...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

The GA tickets I got through my wire presale for Boston appear to be actual tickets. They gave me shipping delivery options and I am paying for shipping, so I assume they are shipping me physical tickets.

Are you sure?  Could you check your "order details"?  If that's really the case, Boston actually isn't credit card entry (!)  Wow.  So confusing with different venues doing different things.

• Subscriber

Please let's wait for the presale to end and things get a bit more quiet - there's a lot of information to discuss regarding what will be the best possible way to make the trades now.

Once something is found, the trades section will be opened.

Thanks for your patience...

I hope that there's some clarity on this before the public onsales start.  Otherwise, fans are in a tough spot, not knowing if they can trade their presale tickets if something better shows up in the public onsale.

• Subscriber

Anyone know if there is a lottery system for GA early entry or will it be first come first serve? when will guidelines be published?

There has never been any kind of lottery system for GA for U2 shows/tours in the past--ever.  Doesn't mean there won't be this time, but if the past is any guide, there won't be.  It's always been 1st-come 1st-serve.

• Community Moderator

Please let's wait for the presale to end and things get a bit more quiet - there's a lot of information to discuss regarding what will be the best possible way to make the trades now.

Once something is found, the trades section will be opened.

Thanks for your patience...

I hope that there's some clarity on this before the public onsales start.  Otherwise, fans are in a tough spot, not knowing if they can trade their presale tickets if something better shows up in the public onsale.

Still working on that, but unfortunately we can't say for certain when and how...

patience, please...

• Subscriber

There has never been any kind of lottery system for GA for U2 shows/tours in the past--ever.  Doesn't mean there won't be this time, but if the past is any guide, there won't be.  It's always been 1st-come 1st-serve.

They had an inner circle lottery for US shows on one tour (I think Vertigo?). I hope they never do anything like that in Europe!

• Subscriber

They had an inner circle lottery for US shows on one tour (I think Vertigo?). I hope they never do anything like that in Europe!

Oh yeah, right--I'd forgotten about that (I hated it).  In any case, though, there's no "inner circle" this time (unfortunately, in my opinion).  And I think what the questioner had in mind was more of a Springsteen-type lottery that determines overall line position, not the Vertigo/inner circle-type lottery (which is impossible now anyway).

• Subscriber

I have Gen Admission tickets for Philly that are credit card entry.  The email I recieved from ticketmaster does not give me an issue to transfer to someone else.  But I do have the option to sell. 

If they add another show at Metlife, I am going to that one and not Philly.  Normally I would trade with someone on here or sell for face value.  That doesn't seem to be an option so I will sell them on Ticketmaster for whatever they are going for. 

You can hate me but this is how the system was set up.  If my only way of getting rid of them is by selling on TM, why should I sell them for less than the going rate?