Sign in to follow this  
bchamberlin

Tickets unsellable and untradable!

we gonna set up a fan trade section after the presales here... still working out the details to see best ways

Hey Bigwave

Any news on the fan trade section? I've definitely got a spare ticket for Twickenham on the Saturday up in the nosebleeds that I would prefer not to resale to Ticketmaster

That doesn't seem to be an option so I will sell them on Ticketmaster for whatever they are going for. 

You can hate me but this is how the system was set up.  If my only way of getting rid of them is by selling on TM, why should I sell them for less than the going rate?

You won't be able to resell CCE tickets. Click the Sell button and it will tell you that...

we gonna set up a fan trade section after the presales here... still working out the details to see best ways

Hey Bigwave

Any news on the fan trade section? I've definitely got a spare ticket for Twickenham on the Saturday up in the nosebleeds that I would prefer not to resale to Ticketmaster

For now we are pointing / moving any ticket sales / requests into each city related sub forum -  London - Twickenham Stadium

Is this trade section working yet? My presale tickets are CCE, yet it's looking like I may not get to go. What's also sad is I might not even be able to GIVE my tickets away (friend/family). Would definitely like to let another fan take my tickets if I can't go. Looking at the scalping sites it looks like this security feature didn't deter the scalpers... it's only hurting actual fans.

Hello Big Wave

Your post from January::

"we gonna set up a fan trade section after the presales here... still working out the details to see best ways"

Have you done this?  I have two credit card entry tickets for Chicago on Saturday, June 3 that I need to sell because I cannot go.  Would like to know how to sell at face value.  

Thank you  Diane

not had any need really, as folk have been organising in the relevant sub forums, we happy to help things along if needed of course.

credit card entry if you not going can prove tricky, there are ways, creative ways to make sure tix don't go wasted. 

1 hour ago, beamerlover said:

Could you share with me any ways people have figured how to sell their credit card entry tickets? Thanks. Diane

one way, not always possible I appreciate, would be to show up & walk in / out again with someone you sold it to (credit card holder would be present in that case) - 

The scalpers circumvented the whole CC-entry restriction by buying up pre-paid Visa/Amex gift cards, and then placing the ticket orders on them, and then just shipping the gift cards to their buyers.   So the buyers go to the venue with the gift cards, and the usher at the gate scans it like a regular credit card, and they're in!   

(Buying CC-entry tickets on gift cards is not supposed to be allowed, but it doesn't really get enforced.)

But anyway...  The next time there's a CC-entry tour, be it U2 or any other artist, I will buy my tickets via the same method as the scalpers, on a gift card.  So that way, if something legitimately comes up, I won't be truly stuck and can try to get my money back...  Lesson learned!

6 hours ago, rlj1010 said:

The scalpers circumvented the whole CC-entry restriction by buying up pre-paid Visa/Amex gift cards, and then placing the ticket orders on them, and then just shipping the gift cards to their buyers.   So the buyers go to the venue with the gift cards, and the usher at the gate scans it like a regular credit card, and they're in!  

This doesn't make sense - the CC-entry restricted tickets were supposed to require an ID check at the gate.  Having the credit card wasn't supposed to be enough - the credit card had to be in your name, and you had to have a matching photo ID.  Anyone not possessing both the credit card and the matching photo ID is supposed to be turned away at the gate.

What's the point of having CC entry if the venue refuses to enforce the rules?  The entire system is worthless if they allow you to submit a credit card without checking ID.