Sign in to follow this  
realgonekid

Songs you want to hear on the Joshua Tree Tour 2017?

The Three Sunrises...

My favorite U2 b-side...seems like it'd be hard to pull of live though!

Given that there'll already be plenty of deep cuts by virtue of them playing the entirety of the awesome Joshua Tree...I'd like to see them focus on popular hits, that are underplayed in recent years.  Stuff like:

11:00 Tick Tock

Electric Co

Gloria

New Year's Day

Two Hearts Beat As One

A Sort of Homecoming

Bad (it's been played on all tours, just not consistently)

Unforgettable Fire

The Sweetest Thing

Hawkmoon 269

Numb

Zooropa

Lemon

Discotheque

Ultimately I'd like to see them stay away from the stuff from the 2000's and the Achtung Baby hits that've been played with regularity over the last tours, that I've seen performed in very similar style many times.  I'd like to see a tour more representative of what I would have seen on the actual Joshua Tree tour had I been lucky enough to attend.

I'm especially looking forward to hearing Exit and In God's country from JT for the first time live.

I would love to hear the song A sort of homecoming too. It is my favourite song of U2, but I don't think that will ever happen!!

I'm especially looking forward to hearing Exit and In God's country from JT for the first time live.

I would love to hear the song A sort of homecoming too. It is my favourite song of U2, but I don't think that will ever happen!!

Well, they used to play it live - the tracks on the "Wide Awake In America" EP prove it. I agree that this tour would be an ideal time to perform it live again! :)

Well, they used to play it live - the tracks on the "Wide Awake In America" EP prove it. I agree that this tour would be an ideal time to perform it live again! :)

I know... but hearing it live at a gig is different than hearing it "live" from an EP isn't it!!!

Edited by generationwithoutname

I know... but hearing it live at a gig is different than hearing it "live" from an EP isn't it!!!

Of course - I'm concurring that it's time to hear it again and that this tour would be a good time to perform it again! :D

Nobody ever mentions Spanish Eyes? I'd love to hear that live. "Hooooooooome agggggggggain!)

Difficult as I want them to do the JT in album order but I also only want them to do material prior to JT meaning early stuff first set then back on to Streets when it's dark......for the 2nd set.

Saying that, walking on to Streets would get the place rocking!

Really looking forward to hearing some of my favourite JT tracks that I haven't seen before - IGC, RHMT, RTSS & Trip in particular. Sweetest Thing would be great too.

Outside of TJT era -- I'm pretty easy really it would be nice to maybe get something of NLOTH/Zooropa/Pop or even one of the songs yet to be played from SOI. Though I think the chances of any of these are quite slim.

I'd be quite happy if they dropped COBL and SBS though - quite tired of those now and think they'd benefit from a break.