Sign in to follow this  
blueandgoldfan

Dublin 2 | Any word on a second date, since Sat is now sold out | Presale codes Dublin 2? [MERGED]

Certainly not looking like there's going to be a second show at Croke :(

Glad I got my tix to 22nd. 

Still going to hold out hope they do something on that Sunday. Seems strange they kept a gap from the 19 - 24 if they weren't planning 2 shows in Dublin.

I like so many others am surprised they didn't announce a 2nd night in croke park as I was sure they would do (seeing as the stadium free and the croke park hotel was fully booked all weekend before the announcement was made)

Croke park already 3 concerts a year and only 2 announced atm but with the way the gaa season is there isn't alot of free space for gigs now u2 and Coldplay have the free weekends in july. All of this still makes me feel there's a chance of them doing a 2nd night

Sure feck it, they could always play outside the M50

Sorry I know I have just upset half of Ireland and they will all be on to Joe Duffy if U2 even considered such a thing.

Outside the M50? I'm saying a decade for you right now! It took them 18 years to find Belfast on the map again so I'm not holding my breath.

Nothing confirmed at this moment - you will need to keep checking the site and the board for any official information regarding new dates...

Apologies I didn't make myself clear.The Irish Times quoted a band spokes person as saying there was no second gig due to logistics.

Is this true or not?

Croke I believe is our biggest venue in Ireland

They wouldn't have enough time to move the stage setup to another venue
Mind it would be great if they did a Norn Iron show..... but doubt that...

I don't see anywhere show Ed Sheeran for Croke this year, other than the irish mirror and cant see any reason for the GAA not to have either a Fri or Sun concert, as doubt they'd have a match on the Sunday after the concert, but only time will tell.

Lets hope for the Fans, they do a second night, even if it's the end of the tour

Interestingly enough, in the presale last week I saw a "choice" on Ticketmaster that said "residents only" I wondered what this category of ticket was. It was listed at the bottom of the list of various ticket types- presale red hill, wires, gold, red zone, etc. now today when I checked after sellout, I didn't see that choice- maybe it's a marker- so if indeed they announce a second date, residents of Ireland will get first crack. I was hoping this to be true - not for me- but plenty of hometown fans have not been able to grab tickets- i.e. Tour as well I remember- it would be kinda cool to have a presale if you have an Irish address- random speculation here- and thanks to being a long standing member here I did get presale tix for the first show- we will wait and see

Apparently residents local to Croke Park were given access to a pre-sale on Friday.  They were allocated separate codes.  Operates to keep them sweet, they get them for all Croke Park concerts.  I know because a work colleague was able to get Coldplay tickets because she knew a friendly resident

Edited by carlie550

This person has six tickets for sale on Gum Tree, pretty easy to cancel these tickets surely

Edited by mich40
Link removed and reported.

^^seeing as on that gumtree post they have been dumb enough to post the picture, the seat numbers and the bar-code those would be easily traced and cancelled!