Presale Audit

eej

• Subscriber

Hey! So I just got off the phone with ticketmaster for, like, the fourth time on an issue that I freely admit is my fault because I'm an excitable dork but is also a little their fault because I've gotten four different wrong answers on this and when I was like "look, if you're going to cancel my tickets, can you at least cancel the seats and not the GA?" and they were like "lol no because there's a report that we don't run that audits that that will just automatically credit your first order, even if it's canceled in our system, and cancel your second order", they were unable to tell me who runs that report or audits the presales and when that happens. And when I was like "seriously, not a clue?", they were like "ha, no, we just sell the tickets?" And I took another swig of my beer and breathed in through my nose.

Does anyone know who does the audit and cancels the tickets? 

If you have had your tickets canceled in the past, do you remember when it happened?

I'm trying to decide if I should try for GA tickets in the public sale since I would end up under that limit and just let the chips fall where they may on my other tickets but if the audit happens before the public sale, I may not need to do that. And if it happens after, I want to make sure I'm not selling someone tickets that might get canceled.

(I know and I'm sorry, this *is* absurd and y'all get first crack at my extra tickets if this works out.)

• Community Moderator

Audits + cancellations: Ticketmaster...

(You have an answer about this on the other thread...)

If you decide to try the general sale strongly consider using a different CC... better to not complicate the things further...

• Subscriber

I KNEW IT.

I was like "so you're telling me you don't run the audit for the tickets you sold?" And they were like "nope!" and I was like ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW? And they were like "yup, the venue or the promoter does that!" 

(Sidebar: you have a PM from me on this and can toooootes delete this if it's already being addressed elsewhere, I was just wondering when tickets normally get canceled.)

• Subscriber

Yeah, which is why I completely omg freaked out when I discovered the issue and tried to correct it immediately. There was a huge to-do with Ticketmaster but I was told repeatedly that they'll just end up canceling my tickets that went over the limit so fingers crossed! I just was wondering when it would be safe.

• Subscriber

There was a lot of "but I don't even WANT these tickets" and "you can just take them back" and other incredibly stressful conversations so we'll see how it goes.