Secondary / Ebay / Resale Sites!?! (MERGED)

lin

• Subscriber

Just thought I would see if anybody has put tickets on eBay and yes there are a few for sale

Bering I'm mind that there haven't been a public sale for tickets yet ,why can't the zoo mods stop these so called fans getting tickets to sell at very high prices on these sites as they stop real fans being able to get tickets

• Subscriber

I'm surprised eBay hasn't taken them down. I put up 2 tickets for I and e tour (at face value I hasten to add!!!) as I couldn't go to London at last minute due to health, and I got an email straightaway saying I wasn't allowed to post tickets and they directed me to stub hub (who take a huge proportion of the ticket sale and charge way high prices). Fortunately I sold them to a friend and I sold my Koln ones though the Zoo Forum here at face value. I had no interest in making a profit. I think it is awful for people to get presale tickets and sell them on at a high cost when fans can't get tickets, it's such a shame but I can't see there is anyway around it. I just had a look and I could see them too....maybe eBay will take them down but of course it doesn't stop the practice does it

• Community Manager

Just sent several links to community manager for the eBay site

Please stop these tickets being sold like this

It's not far to genuine fans

we pass on to u2comteam as much info as we can but only ebay can remove listings - good idea to use the report button on each listing on ebay, also we are not allowed to post links here to any auction or reselling sites.

Just incase the poor old secondary sites didn't get enough tickets without them being offered at face value first, they'll be able to get tens of thousands more of them when the 2nd night shows go on sale!! My experience today - 2 tickets for twickename at face value sir? Sold out. 2 tickets for twickenham at four times face value? Certainly sir, how many would you like???!! You have to have the cash to see u2. Hope at least some genuine fans got their tickets today. Guess they paid their $50 presale fee. Guess your only a true fan now if you can afford to pay for it. Naive of me I Know, just frustrated as expected better from u2. Seems a grand cash in. Shows will be full of people expecting a greatest hits show, not the most exciting/inspiring thing, unlike original jt tour.

Hi together, I´m a U2 fan from germany and tryed to get ticktes for the amsterdam show! It was pure horror! I waited for 1 hour to get the message, that no "normal" ticket is available! A few minutes later were tickets for the show at ebay for sale! What´s wrong with the people? U2 is no business! I still remember the good old days! It was no problem to buy tickets for ZOO TV in an usual ticket store! No stress, no rage! Why is it not possible to print the name of the owner at the ticket?

• Subscriber

Luckily I have tickets for London in the presale. It really REALLY annoys me that 100's of tickets are already on the resale market. I have a friend that's been a fan for 30 years but hasn't managed to get a ticket for the Amsterdam show. Wish there was a way to stop this.