Public Sale Sold Out! No tickets?

david_hayes

• Subscriber

So... been online since 8.30. Got in the Ticketmaster queue at 9 on the dot. Had my laptop running AND the Ticketmaster app on the phone to search tickets. 

Pitch standing tickets requested on the laptop, any section tickets on the app. Searching.... searching.... and NO, I am not a bot! 

Minutes pass and... Nothing! On either search!

Sold out. Was I surprised? Definitely not. Happens every time I try and buy these tickets. Where'd all the tickets go? Who was able to buy them?

Call my mate who's online for tickets too. Any luck? 

Nope. Just who gets these tickets? Seems this happens an awful lot with big concerts like this. Theres something very suspect about it all.

Anyone here get any?

• Subscriber

And yet straight away there's tickets on resellers sites for three or four times the price. I'm gutted, nothing in the presale, nothing today. Was hoping to take my 8 year old son to his first U2 gig, but instead it appears I'm missing out on my first U2 tour in 20 years.

I know it's all about money, but there has to be a better way for true fans to get tickets. 

• Subscriber

Sorry, got mine in the presale. Sit tight though, there are conflicting reports about a second gig. The Irish Times are saying no 2nd gig, the Independent is saying that a second gig will be announced later on. 

• Subscriber

Unfortunately, bands sold their soul to Ticketmaster many many years ago. How many of them were prepared to stand with Pearl Jam in the 90's and try to take them on?

Its only got worse now, and if you are into bands that are generally a "hot" ticket, then the only way to try and get yourself a decent ticket these days is to be in the fan club and remain in it so that you are closer to the front of the queue. Or, sometimes you just have to decide to head to the more unfashionable gigs as well. 

• Subscriber

And yet straight away there's tickets on resellers sites for three or four times the price. I'm gutted, nothing in the presale, nothing today. Was hoping to take my 8 year old son to his first U2 gig, but instead it appears I'm missing out on my first U2 tour in 20 years.

I know it's all about money, but there has to be a better way for true fans to get tickets. 

Keep a close eye on various forums and social media groups. Be active on them in looking for and sourcing tickets and you just might get some for face value as there are a lot of genuine fans out there that will help others.

If I could help in this instance I would, but no spares.

Mind you i've still nowhere to lay my head to sleep for two nights in Dublin!!

• Subscriber

There is a rank bad smell about this. How can 50,000 + tickets be sold/shifted in 10 minutes with nobody seemingly able to get through (assuming 20,000 U2 members got them in presale and balance are for corporates).

It is 100% certain that TM will be doing deals with Touts (call them what you want) in order that they sell them on Getmein.

STENCH !

So glad I bit the bullet and re-joined u2.com and secured mine last week. Even that was a battle!