Found cheap place to stay

jambo_dondo

• Subscriber

Hi all

Been trying to find somewhere reasonable to stay and unsurprisingly everything near Twickenham either fully booked or super expensive.

Managed to find somewhere cheap in London near London Bridge (so not too far from Waterloo) in the LSE accommodation that they rent out in the summer.

Basics in some ways but gets good reviews

http://www.lsevacations.co.uk/Accommodation/Bankside-House/Bankside-House.aspx?gclid=Cj0KEQiA-_HDBRD2lomhoufc1JkBEiQA0TVMmhrIQ5vs8kUUWu3My8xt3eaudZNE5bebt72zx9rrs58aAjdb8P8HAQ#sthash.kWOdH99J.dpbs

In case this helps anybody- was £58 for a single room B&B and £78 for a twin 

• Subscriber

I've just cancelled some hotel bookings for the Saturday night within a 15 minute walk to the stadium on bookings.com as I'm going to Rome instead now. Could be worth trying to get them before the hotels whack up the prcices

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Thanks for the info... just booked this as it's a bit handier for me than staying out by heathrow airport which was my first thought.. I'm getting the overnight sleeper from aberdeen arriving on the saturday morning, flying back up from luton airport early sunday afternoon, so being in the city centre makes more sense!