New to the area... does Philly usually get a second show?

• Subscriber

Or should I bang over to NJ if I want a double dose?

Go to the second NJ show just announced - the second LA, Chicago, and E. Rutherford shows going on pre-sale tomorrow are the last shows to be added.

For arena tours, we very often get more than one show in Philly, although not always on consecutive nights - proximity to the greater NYC area accounts for the split dates we get sometimes.

• Subscriber

According to this story just posted to the website:

http://www.u2.com/news/title/more-shows-in-north-america/news/

It says the following:

"Record ticket demand for The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 in North America this morning, followed yesterday’s sell-out shows in Europe.

Second and final nights have now been announced for three US cities today.

These second N American shows will be in Los Angeles (May 21st), East Rutherford (June 29th) and Chicago (June 4th)

Tickets for these three additional shows will go on general sale next Monday, January 23rd, with a presale to U2.com subscribers later this week."

When they say "second and final nights", I think we're going to have to take them at their word - i.e., these three additional dates are going to be the final three shows added to the tour (this leg, anyway - so, yes, bad luck to cities like Atlanta this time around).

So, back again to the original question, I would go for the 2nd E. Rutherford show if you want another U2 fix this summer on this leg of the tour.

• Subscriber

I think their thinking is that the second NJ show also counts towards Philly.  Definitely don't see them playing 3 nights in a row or adding a show backwards on a Saturday.  There must be a reason they didn't originally schedule the show for Sat 6/17 in Philly.

• Subscriber

I think their thinking is that the second NJ show also counts towards Philly.  Definitely don't see them playing 3 nights in a row or adding a show backwards on a Saturday.  There must be a reason they didn't originally schedule the show for Sat 6/17 in Philly.

Personally, I'm wondering if that may be a prime possibility for an appearance on SNL...