When do the Presales REALLY go for US added dates?

etrent

• Subscriber

If you look on U2.com it says:

"Week 2

Recently announced 2nd shows: Los Angeles (May 21st), Chicago (June 4th), East Rutherford (June 29th), London (July 9), Rome (July 16), Paris (July 26) and Amsterdam (July 30).

• Wednesday, 18 Jan., 9am - Presales open for 'Red Hill Group' (longtime subscribers)
  • Thursday, 19 Jan., 9am - Presales open for 'Wires Group' (new subscribers)
  • Friday, 20 Jan., 5pm - Presales end
  • Monday, 23 Jan. - Public on sale London (July 9), Rome (July 16), Paris (July 26), Amsterdam (July 30)

So long time gets priority, then the rest, just like the first round... Ok.

But if you look at Ticketmaster it says:

"Onsale to General Public

Start: Mon, 01/23/17 10:00 AM EST

U2.com Red Hill Group Presale

Start: Wed, 01/18/17 09:00 AM EST
End: Fri, 01/20/17 05:00 PM EST

U2.com Wires Group Presale

End: Fri, 01/20/17 05:00 PM EST

Fan Club Bundle

End: Fri, 01/20/17 05:00 PM EST"

So if the TM posting is correct, they all go at the same time and there is no advantage to being a long time member (anyone else here remember Propaganda?)

Which is correct?

• Subscriber

Anyone know if we are allowed to buy any additional tickets with our codes for added shows? Or if we already bought 4 tix last round, are we out of luck in purchasing for these new dates?

Q - How Many Tickets can I buy? What is the ticket limit?

A - As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to FOUR (4) tickets for any show or combination of shows (for example you can purchase 2 tickets for a show in New York and 2 tickets for a show in San Francisco, or 1 ticket for New York, 1 ticket for San Francisco, 1 ticket for London and 1 ticket for Rome.) All ticketing code use is audited and anyone found to be abusing presale privileges risks cancellation of ticket purchases and U2.com subscription.

• Subscriber

Anyone know if we are allowed to buy any additional tickets with our codes for added shows? Or if we already bought 4 tix last round, are we out of luck in purchasing for these new dates?

Q - How Many Tickets can I buy? What is the ticket limit?

A - As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to FOUR (4) tickets for any show or combination of shows (for example you can purchase 2 tickets for a show in New York and 2 tickets for a show in San Francisco, or 1 ticket for New York, 1 ticket for San Francisco, 1 ticket for London and 1 ticket for Rome.) All ticketing code use is audited and anyone found to be abusing presale privileges risks cancellation of ticket purchases and U2.com subscription.

Yes, but that was there before. I know when IE tour added shows, we were allowed to buy 2 more tix with our code in these 2nd wave presales. So that's what I'm trying to get clarity on.

• Subscriber

No, there are no added tix (and actually, I think you're wrong about I & E--I don't recall more tix being added to those codes either.  If they had, I would have bought more tix, for sure).  If you bought 4 the first round, you're done.

Edited by mike7man

• Subscriber

What etrent said.  Right now, the 2nd shows for Chicago and NJ/NYC (LA not up yet), show ALL presale times as the same (RedHill, Wires, and even FanClub bundle)--same issue as with London #2 initially.  So, that needs to be fixed.  In particular, at the very least, RH should be first (tomorrow), with Wires on Thursday.  Personally, I'd even like to see the FanClub bundle moved after Wires (say to noon), although I guess the first time around TM had it at the same time as Wires.

AND--the same should go for the "VIP FanClub Access".  Those should also be staggered for the RedHill and Wires group.  In particular, Wires and (even more so) FanClub Bundle folks should NOT get VIP/RZ access at the same time as RedHill members.  Indeed, I don't understand why there are "separate" listings for regular vs. RZ/VIP tix.  It's much more straightforward if all tix (including RZ/VIP) are available separately for RH vs. Wires.  But, if there must be a listing at all for "VIP FanClub Access", it should be staggered for RH vs. Wires.  It's clearly unfair to give the same onsale time ticket access for all members (including bundle ones, for heaven's sake).  If anything, fixing this is even more critical, since RZ tix are clearly the most desirable and very limited in quantity.

Finally, on top of that, last time, there were many venues (including Chicago) that required no fanclub membership AT ALL to access RZ/VIP tix at the same time as RedHill, which was nuts.  TM/the venues need to fix this.

Edited by mike7man

• Subscriber

Right.  Basically there is a contradiction between the two. 

It looks like U2.com is saying It's staggered wires at one time, red hill another. The people over at TicketMaster didn't get that request.  So someone from U2 should reach out to whomever they talk to at TicketMaster and say "No. This is what we meant.  Hey guys, can you fix this for us please?"

Unless they didn't really mean that, then they should just change the U2.com page to reflect what's really going on.