Sign in to follow this  
msw

Absolute Disgrace! (MERGED)

Well said....couldn't agree more. U2 forgot who got them where they are....or just don't care. Either way doesn't say much for their character

I have no issue with their opinion, what I do have is an issue when they are expressing that opinion without knowing the facts! - as I have stated, I have no issue with supply exceeding demand, that is simple - my issue is why Ticketmaster screwed up with the presale and non members could by premium tickets in teh presale without a code... what is the point of the presale??? my issue is also with Ticketmaster being allowed to hold back large % of tickets for ALL venues and exploit genuine fans by reselling on their sister sites for a VAST profit... question... how far up the tree does this revenue go???  the entire Ticketmaster system is corrupt to the core... it's legalised ticket touting and anyone who thinks the band and not complicit in this charade are simply deluded... I've been the first to defend them over the decades but this has gone WAY WAY too far and we are all being shafted... we have a choice, roll over and accept it (which I have done on numerous ocassions) or decide enough is enough... my own personal position is that I'm not riding the gravy train any longer...   I'll wait on the new album which has been promised for years now but we've been sold another line about world politics delaying it further..... couldnt make it up!

Edited by msw

I have no issue with their opinion, what I do have is an issue when they are expressing that opinion without knowing the facts! - as I have stated, I have no issue with supply exceeding demand, that is simple - my issue is why Ticketmaster screwed up with the presale and non members could by premium tickets in teh presale without a code... what is the point of the presale??? my issue is also with Ticketmaster being allowed to hold back large % of tickets for ALL venues and exploit genuine fans by reselling on their sister sites for a VAST profit... question... how far up the tree does this revenue go???  the entire Ticketmaster system is corrupt to the core... it's legalised ticket touting and anyone who thinks the band and not complicit in this charade are simply deluded... I've been the first to defend them over the decades but this has gone WAY WAY too far and we are all being shafted... we have a choice, roll over and accept it (which I have done on numerous ocassions) or decide enough is enough... my own personal position is that I'm not riding the gravy train any longer...   I'll wait on the new album which has been promised for years now but we've been sold another line about world politics delaying it further..... couldnt make it up!

Do you know for a fact that Ticketmaster held back tickets to sell on their sister site?

Somethings different! Me and a mate both got asked for our codes and both got the chance for 4 Red Zone tickets! Cant believe this, it worked how you imagine it should and we had our tickets in 3 minutes flat!  YAAAAASSSSS RZ here we come!

Great news Spongebob. Happy for you.  I had the same experience yesterday.  In and out in a couple of minutes with RZ tickets.  Completely different experience to last week.  See you in the RZ!!

Somethings different! Me and a mate both got asked for our codes and both got the chance for 4 Red Zone tickets! Cant believe this, it worked how you imagine it should and we had our tickets in 3 minutes flat!  YAAAAASSSSS RZ here we come!

Spongebob, I am delighted for you after all the stress and heartache! I too managed to get red zone after failing to get them for Croke. Talk about stress....I got red zone in my basket at 9.01 ( I was just expecting it to say 'computer says no') and with shaky hands went through the screeens until checkout and DANG...server stopped responding. Probably in overload. So I waited, went back to the checkout page in history and waited...then got error message. I was just about to scream/cry/tantrum when I tried again, from the beginning, and all red zone were gone. Bring on more stress...then I tried again and again and 2 more appeared!!! So I managed to halt the trembles and complete the checkout pages. The joys the joys...now I just need to get well so I can stand up! I also booked seats just in case which is not what I want but I have a back up and my brother is going to have the seats if I can be well enough to stand. So I can now breathe a sigh of relief. Phew...... enjoy it all!

I failed miserably in the general sale on Monday. It was clear that almost all of the tickets had already been sold by the on-sale time, and TM was already referring everyone to their four-times-face-value resale prices.

It's hard to deny that there's something wrong about this. I agree with market-driven prices, and the economics of supply and demand, and all that, but it looks as if the scalpers/resellers have been given excessively preferential access to tickets before 'normal' fans, which has messed up the 'fair competition' for the tickets (a key requirement for balanced market-driven prices). Put simply, the scalpers have been given an advantage, and the 'normal' fans have been screwed as a result. If this is what U2 want, or are happy with, then they are not the guys that I thought they were.

I think that the fan club presale does go some way to addressing this. It gives a limited opportunity for real fans to get tickets (I got some for the added shows in the Wires presale this morning). But I don't think it goes far enough. And I suspect that it's also being exploited by scalpers.

What a sorry, sad state of affairs.

I failed miserably in the general sale on Monday. It was clear that almost all of the tickets had already been sold by the on-sale time, and TM was already referring everyone to their four-times-face-value resale prices.

It's hard to deny that there's something wrong about this. I agree with market-driven prices, and the economics of supply and demand, and all that, but it looks as if the scalpers/resellers have been given excessively preferential access to tickets before 'normal' fans, which has messed up the 'fair competition' for the tickets (a key requirement for balanced market-driven prices). Put simply, the scalpers have been given an advantage, and the 'normal' fans have been screwed as a result. If this is what U2 want, or are happy with, then they are not the guys that I thought they were.

I think that the fan club presale does go some way to addressing this. It gives a limited opportunity for real fans to get tickets (I got some for the added shows in the Wires presale this morning). But I don't think it goes far enough. And I suspect that it's also being exploited by scalpers.

What a sorry, sad state of affairs.

spot on...

Loads of standing tickets available for London 2 all this morning.

Its patently obvious that they released hardly any standing tickets for Saturday in either the presale or general sale .

there  is  always  an  issue  regarding  u2  txs  sales..I too believe  it is down to luck  which  it  shouldn't   be  for  paid  subscribers.

surely with  their  data  base  u2  can  figure  out  subscribers- ticket allocation ratio ?