Sign in to follow this  
msw

Absolute Disgrace! (MERGED)

The only thing I would say, and I was in on the button at 0900 for Coke Park presale - is that seats I was being offered initially in the areas I prefer, were considerably further back in the area from the stage, towards the corners. This is very different from the 360 + Vertigo tours where I was able to chose and select from Cussack upper and Hogan Upper in almost stage side areas. Eventually I screwed up with my credit card and ended up with seats in the Davin stand, but only because I switched to using my debit card and not the credit card, so selected a cheaper price range. I have tickets though, so really happy to be there. For me now, it's the pre concert build up and the live sound I'm there for. If the band are specs in the distance, I ain't that bothered.

But why was this? Something has changed certainly in relation to seats that were being offered compared to previous presales for previous U2 Croke Park tours post millennium. Are/ were tickets being held back or re-distributed through the vendors networks? I can't answer that one. Disappointing that many genuine fans seem to have missed out - but is that not always the case with U2 ticket releases also? 

Not sure how much on here can be proven, however it would be difficult to police touts that register on here to avail of presale for profit etc etc - false addresses, details etc are common fraud tactics. I am not suggesting that is the case with any U2.com members , gotta ask yourself though, this place is fairly quiet most of the time, so it's certainly bound to be the case that some perhaps are buying presale tickets to sell on for profit.

The concert promoter is also unlikely to come out and say, 'well, yes our strategy is to milk this for all it's worth through whatever means', even if that is the case.

Such is the world we live in.

Edited by yardie

There have been numerous issues with the manner in which the pre sales have been handled, or better described as mishandled, and it would really benefit the core membership, if someone can take all the observations that we have made, over the past week, and take it to U2's management.

Lack of availability

Lack of suitability

Lack of information

This issue has been going on for years and no one really cares

Least of all U2

A lot of millage and money is being put out by fans who, sometimes have other life priorities, and can't always keep up to date with subscriptions.

But to a man keep buying the music and in return, keep being failed by an organisation.

This in now an organisation, who are now more about profits, than the ideals on which they voiced from the top of a speaker stack so many years ago.

I believe we need answers and accountability

couldn't agree more, however I don't think any answers will be forthcoming... sad fact is that all the venues will sell out and that is all the various parties involved in this tour are bothered about... simple as that. the matter of a significant number of disgruntled, long-term, loyal fans who may not renew their subscriptions pales into insignificance for them as the £ and $ is obviously main driving force...   stopped being about the music and the genuine fans a long long time ago sadly :(

Edited by msw

Like another fan did and posted on this forum last week, I have just spoken with Ticketmaster UK and sure enough they have admitted only a limited number of ticket's and area's are available in the U2 pre-sale. 

Ticketmaster confirmed this is not their fault; it is the fault of the promoter - U2's promoter!

For the 2nd week running, I am being directed to seats in the back corner of Twickenham, which I am not willing to pay £100+ for.

I failed in last week's pre-sale; last week's public sale and now this week's pre-sale - With my two pre-sale failure's ultimately being the fault of U2's promoter - Thank you very much!!!

But why is Twickenham such a problem?!?!?

The other European venues; Paris for example were a breeze.

What's more, Ticketmaster UK's website is utter cr*p. I want to choose which block I sit in; I don't want them nominating one for me.

I would go standing, but that isn't an option as my mate was recently involved in an accident and can't stand all day.

All in all, a thoroughly depressing ticket-buying experience.

As for the U2.com subscription; what is the point?!?!?!?!?!?!

Letting down the hardcore fans; not good; not good at all.

I fully agree - I've traveled all over the globe to see them (which I have been prepared to do at HUGE expense) I dont have an issue at the lack of venues, would be far easier for me if the had a Scottish date but that aint gonna happen, over the decades when no Scottish dates have been included I've made treks to London and Dublin on numerous occasions, Cardiff, Paris, Barcelona and bloody New York! what I am NOT prepared to do is make all that effort and massive expense and be lumbered with shit seats in a huge stadium because U2/Ticketmaster cannot get their act together.

Loads of standing tickets available for London 2 all this morning.

Its patently obvious that they released hardly any standing tickets for Saturday in either the presale or general sale .

Incorrect.

Wires presale last week had decent availability-I purchased around 09.10. 

Redhill presale at London 1 was a breeze according to most.

Found these presales much easier than before tbf.

The only thing I would say, and I was in on the button at 0900 for Coke Park presale - is that seats I was being offered initially in the areas I prefer, were considerably further back in the area from the stage, towards the corners. This is very different from the 360 + Vertigo tours where I was able to chose and select from Cussack upper and Hogan Upper in almost stage side areas. Eventually I screwed up with my credit card and ended up with seats in the Davin stand, but only because I switched to using my debit card and not the credit card, so selected a cheaper price range. I have tickets though, so really happy to be there. For me now, it's the pre concert build up and the live sound I'm there for. If the band are specs in the distance, I ain't that bothered.

But why was this? Something has changed certainly in relation to seats that were being offered compared to previous presales for previous U2 Croke Park tours post millennium. Are/ were tickets being held back or re-distributed through the vendors networks? I can't answer that one. Disappointing that many genuine fans seem to have missed out - but is that not always the case with U2 ticket releases also? 

Not sure how much on here can be proven, however it would be difficult to police touts that register on here to avail of presale for profit etc etc - false addresses, details etc are common fraud tactics. I am not suggesting that is the case with any U2.com members , gotta ask yourself though, this place is fairly quiet most of the time, so it's certainly bound to be the case that some perhaps are buying presale tickets to sell on for profit.

The concert promoter is also unlikely to come out and say, 'well, yes our strategy is to milk this for all it's worth through whatever means', even if that is the case.

Such is the world we live in.

Fully agree Bigwave.

I certainly was put off at London 2 into buying a seat-no option to select a certain block, in the end I took GA.

Awful selection of seats for the middle priced seats.

I think a huge problem in many of the presales was not only the seat selection available (often not so great) but the unpredictability/unevenness, timewise, of what became available when.  What I mean is this:  Many times, as some posts above indicate, being right on time at the beginning of presales, etc., actually didn't work well at all--with mediocre (or worse) seats being offered, no GA and/or RZ availability, etc..  Then, inexplicably, various better seats (and GA and even RZ) would become available later.  All this wreaked havoc, as a fan trying to get tix through the presale, with figuring out/understanding what was going on.  In the past, it's been way more straightforward, with basically everything in the allotment (which included some quite good stuff) being available right from the get-go.  So, for example, if after a few tries no seats better than X appeared, you could be confident that those really were the best available and proceed accordingly.

Now, time and again, fans have noted that better stuff was often available later rather than earlier--but yet had (understandably) felt they had to pull the trigger earlier for worse seats/tix.  A huge mess.  And it does seem, even including times where better seats became available later, that the overall quality of the allotment for members has declined noticeably.  In fact, I'd say fanclub allotment has steadily gotten worse ever since Vertigo (not counting the original presale problem there--which, when later fixed, was fine).  360 wasn't as good as Vertigo, I & E worse still, and JT worse yet.  And of course, let's not forget the inclusion of significant numbers of "VIP package" seats, which of course takes some good seats out of circulation.

Oh, and yet another mind-blowing mess was the stark contrast many fans experienced with trying for tix online vs. using the phone app.  Even when both methods yielded choices, often the latter were better!  It's as if online folks are being discriminated against (or, more likely, somehow TM has a better-functioning system through the phone app than online).  Aargh.

And finally--apparently even fans who bought SEATS in presale can't resell them!! (vs. seats bought in public onsale, which can).  This causes tons of people major problems, particularly because the FAQ said nothing about that (only mentions no transfers).

Edited by mike7man

The seats offered in the Dublin presale were mostly in the Davin stand and near the corners as you correctly say.

On the Friday though they released  some very good seats near the stage in both the upper and lower stands.

I could have got 4 seats in Block 303 but threw them back as I was trying to get Pitch 2 ,which were very very difficult to get.

Lots of Pitch 1 offered too on the Wed and Thursday,but none on Friday.

Edited by Fano

And finally--apparently even fans who bought SEATS in presale can't resell them!! (vs. seats bought in public onsale, which can).  This causes tons of people major problems, particularly because the FAQ said nothing about that (only mentions no transfers).

That's what non-transferrable means, though. You can't transfer them, for free or for money, to anyone else.

That's what non-transferrable means, though. You can't transfer them, for free or for money, to anyone else.

Not exactly.  TM distinguishes "transferring" from "reselling"--so to be clear, TM should have simply said that neither transferring or reselling would be possible.

Not exactly.  TM distinguishes "transferring" from "reselling"--so to be clear, TM should have simply said that neither transferring or reselling would be possible.

Yes, but usually tickets that can't be resold can be transferred. So, it seems a bit of a stretch to think that a ticket that you can't even transfer to a friend could be sold to a stranger (and if that were the case, imagine the uproar on here! heh). This restriction was the same as I+E (except for us people in NY at the time), no?

Just not clear why the same set-up is shocking this time... I specifically bought one ticket to shows where I didn't know if people would join me, since I knew I'd be stuck with them, have to meet with people to all go in together... was too much hassle, so I just bought one for me, heh. People who couldn't decide in time? Oh well, too late... I bought'm already.